Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting all. I had an interesting little piece of info. come my way today. A lady mentioned that had her vehicle (not a caliber) in for service. The service mgr mentioned to her that the new Dodge vehicle are missing some sort of chip that would greatly improve MPG. I don't know if this is true or not, but definately worth looking into. Anyone else heard of such a thing? Im averageing about 24 MPG. way better than the ram 1500 i traded in, But still dismal (in my opinion) for something so small.

·
Banned
400 Posts
orange sxt said:
Greeting all. I had an interesting little piece of info. come my way today. A lady mentioned that had her vehicle (not a caliber) in for service. The service mgr mentioned to her that the new Dodge vehicle are missing some sort of chip that would greatly improve MPG. I don't know if this is true or not, but definately worth looking into. Anyone else heard of such a thing? Im averageing about 24 MPG. way better than the ram 1500 i traded in, But still dismal (in my opinion) for something so small.
Don't know, but what I do know is... my Caliber averages 21.2mpg on the highway. So maybe I am missing a chip or whatever!:mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
While I was at the gas station, I overheard a guy on the phone telling someone that HE heard from a lady at the grocery store that the guy who delivers the produce heard from one of the guys he plays poker with that the service guy in question drinks a lot and his stories are usually BS.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
orange sxt said:
Hmm...haven't heard of anything to that effect...hmm...

·
Registered
52 Posts
For starters u gotta remember during your breakin period usually 10000 miles, your mileage will suffer cause everything is still fitting together and bonding. Also if you have rims, you gotta remember a bigger rim takes more power to turn, and did u have your speedo recalibrated for the new rims?

·
Registered
901 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:
While I was at the gas station, I overheard a guy on the phone telling someone that HE heard from a lady at the grocery store that the guy who delivers the produce heard from one of the guys he plays poker with that the service guy in question drinks a lot and his stories are usually BS.
LOL!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had a fuelgeenie on a few of my cars over the years. it did improve a few miles on a tank full also a little hp

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got 27mpg highway for an 8 hour roundtrip...trip... at 75mph on cruise control in my wife's R/T. It only had about 2500 miles on it at the time. Otherwise it gets about 22 - 23 mpg.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wife just returned from a long trip to see family. Gas mileage on the way there was 28mpg. Gas mileage for return trip was over 30mpg. Looks like it gets better with time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10000 mile break in? thats the biggest bunch of crap i've ever heard...thats almost a third of the way thru the warranty. Ive heard ppl say break in is anywhere from 1000 to 20k. what are they thinking? 1000 max break in.
drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Break in is definately not 1k is it more around 2-4k.... anyways why drive like you stole it if you want good mpg?

·
Registered
6 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:
THAT was YOU? :eek:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I bet most of the wearing in happens within the first tank unless it was built so far out of spec it needs all that mileage to beat itself in. high revving motorcycle engines only need 600 miles max. I don't see how this lower stressed engine could require more. no explanation on the mpg except maybe the CVT belt needs stretching or something else. they overtorqued the exhaust afterall. if I feel inspired I'm going to jack the wagon up and see if the tires spin freely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts