Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live around the Minneapolis are and I have yet to find a gas station that sells anything higher than 92 octane. Most only carry up to 91. This morning I ventured out a little farther and found a station that sells up to 91, but also has 100 octane Sunoco race gas.

Am I able to or would it hurt to mix in half race gas when filling up for a weekend of fun? Is it bad to mix 100 and 91 octanes? It's a solid $7 per gallon, so I don't think I would do it each time, but now that the roads are clearing up, I wouldn't mind using some big boy gas and see what happens to my currently sleepy and stock SRT-4.

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
So I live around the Minneapolis are and I have yet to find a gas station that sells anything higher than 92 octane. Most only carry up to 91. This morning I ventured out a little farther and found a station that sells up to 91, but also has 100 octane Sunoco race gas.

Am I able to or would it hurt to mix in half race gas when filling up for a weekend of fun? Is it bad to mix 100 and 91 octanes? It's a solid $7 per gallon, so I don't think I would do it each time, but now that the roads are clearing up, I wouldn't mind using some big boy gas and see what happens to my currently sleepy and stock SRT-4.
You'd be wasting your money putting that in a stock car. I'd be wary of mixing because of different additives that may be used in the 100 vs normal street fuel.

I put 93 in. I'm shocked there isn't any 93 in your area.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it sucks. When I go back to Green Bay to visit family, every station carries 93, but here I am lucky to find 92. It hasn't been that big of a deal since the winter roads around here limit your driving potential. These past couple of days have been real nice (venting the sunroof weather, haha) and I am getting that itch to start pushing the gas pedal a little harder on the on ramps.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
all the race gas around here at gas station is leaded...which would be bad for the ol' 02 sensors, along with other stuff.

Reactions: MoparSrt-4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts