Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modern Performance is proudly stocking the new Mopar Performance cold air intake for the Caliber !

We will keep these intakes IN stock at all times, and you can count on Modern Performance for fast, easy ordering and super fast shipping by Fedex.

Cost is $248.99.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this new item.

(Ill post pictures in a few minutes off our website, caliberforums wont allow me to post the photos yet )

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
kaj27 said:
That's cold air? Ummm.
I'm sure if you lived in Hell, then it might actually be cold air. And I'm not talking Hell, MI. Been there before. Not that hot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
$250 for some hot air, NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE NOT!:eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm sure he'd be able to sell this to someone who has no idea how it works, but as for the rest of us, it doesnt look like any cold air ive ever seen.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can understand how some of you dont like the design, and thats fine. Keep in mind, that for people who are concerned about dirt, water this is a great intake beause it has very limited exposure to road dirt, water, snow, etc.

Just keep in mind, that we didnt come up with the title, thats what Mopar calls it, and thats how we list it.

In time, AEM and K&N will make intakes that im sure that will make everyone else happy thats looking for a true cold air intake.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Put the AEM one on my car tonight. Looks just like the Mopar one. And amazing as it might sound, after a 10 mile drive, I got out popped the hood, and the tube was axtually cold.

·
Registered
143 Posts
modernceo said:
Keep in mind, that for people who are concerned about dirt, water this is a great intake beause it has very limited exposure to road dirt, water, snow, etc.
By etc i think you mean it's limited to air too. But i guess it's the best that can be done...if you take off the battery you can see that this is no possibility of having a TRUE cold air intake fit down below behind the bumper or fender wall like real CAI's do. It still makes no sense to me to put the filter facing towards the rear where the header is....talk about heat soak:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Barking Spider said:
It still makes no sense to me to put the filter facing towards the rear where the header is....talk about heat soak:rolleyes:
As mentioned above and in other threads, there is little heat soak in that area while driving. Sitting in traffic in hot weather sure, but anything is going to heat soak in those conditions. The intake isn't as bad as it looks as far as engine heat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
HSKR said:
As mentioned above and in other threads, there is little heat soak in that area while driving. Sitting in traffic in hot weather sure, but anything is going to heat soak in those conditions. The intake isn't as bad as it looks as far as engine heat.
LMFAO....little heat soak??? it's next to the damn engine what a great place to get heat soaked. It's also about a foot away from the header, so im sure it gets plenty of heat soak. about 90% of people drive in city where stop and go traffic is the case so ya im sure sitting at a light is going to create some engine bay heat. SRI where developed for racing which is why it's cooled more from the WOT driving because the constant flow of air isn't giving the tube enough time to heat the incoming air. CAI however help by pulling in cooler, denser air AWAY from the engine bay, so less of the intake tube is soaked, which i agree no intake is immune to heat soak, but putting the damn thing right next to the engine and header...come on. But sense there is no way of making a TRUE CAI the calibers engine bay design is the fall out of a DECENT air intake system.

So that is incorrect when you say it isn't as bad as it looks as far as heat. With no significant air flow from an outer source there is no way for the intake tubing or filter especially to cool down unless at WOT, which i dont think anyone does due to certain laws requiring speed limits and a little citation called "excesive acceleration on city streets"

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Barking Spider said:
LMFAO....little heat soak???

So that is incorrect when you say it isn't as bad as it looks as far as heat. With no significant air flow from an outer source there is no way for the intake tubing or filter especially to cool down unless at WOT, which i dont think anyone does due to certain laws requiring speed limits and a little citation called "excesive acceleration on city streets"
How many of these intakes have you actually installed and tested on your Caliber?? What's that?? NONE!!!!!!! I have at least installed and ran one on my car. Sure it may have been for a short time, but you have no experience with this CAI design on the Caliber to even attempt to tell me I am wrong. I too doubted the design when I first saw it, but after running it on the car, I can honestly say it's not as bad as it looks for heat.

Until you buy one and put it on your car don't try to tell me what is or isn't correct about this product.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HSKR said:
Put the AEM one on my car tonight. Looks just like the Mopar one. And amazing as it might sound, after a 10 mile drive, I got out popped the hood, and the tube was axtually cold.
do you have any pics of it, would like to see:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
HSKR said:
Until you buy one and put it on your car don't try to tell me what is or isn't correct about this product.
It doesn't take a genius to figuer out that the tube is getting heat soaked by the engine and header...its a science, you know like radiant heat, conduction, and convection. Dont talk to me about experiance, i used to be a fire fighter so i think i know a little about the transfer of heat buddy;).

·
Registered
13 Posts
ummmmm.........If everyone is worried about heat soak so much, why not wrap the damn thing in header wrap before installing it, or some other type of heat shielding? It may not look as pretty, but we are talking about performance here, right? or is it really a fashion show?

·
Registered
203 Posts
44Caliber said:
ummmmm.........If everyone is worried about heat soak so much, why not wrap the damn thing in header wrap before installing it, or some other type of heat shielding? It may not look as pretty, but we are talking about performance here, right? or is it really a fashion show?

IM sorry but I think your comment is hilarious!!!!! :D :p ;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hmm... i actually like the look of the plastic choker box in there better. The CAI is only gonna reduce the turbulant air effect and likely reduce low end slightly. Not to mention it will make it louder than it already is. I rather remove some restriction from the stock airbox and toss in a high flow filter. Nice clean look and saves some money.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts