Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modern Performance is now stocking the Mopar Performance header.

This piece is $274.99, is American made, and designed to increase and improve exhaust flow, and power.

Here is a quote on this piece from Mopar:

Bolt on this CAD designed and dyno tested Mopar performance tubular exhaust header to feel and hear the difference. Manufactured with heavy gauge powder coated tubing, this performance header features true mandrel bends and CNC machined fl anges for a factory-like fit. Install with the Mopar Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System and Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake System for an over 10 hp gain (measured at front wheels).

Ill post photos of this header in a few minutes, Caliberforums wont allow me to post photos yet..

:)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
modernceo said:
Install with the Mopar Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System and Mopar Performance Cold Air Intake System for an over 10 hp gain (measured at front wheels).
Wow, 10 hp from $1000 in parts. Where do I sign up. Not much of a selling point.

·
Registered
506 Posts
it's wheel horsepower... you would def notice that...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
mudstone said:
it's wheel horsepower... you would def notice that...
Sure, you'd notice 10 hp gain, but it's not going to be enough of an improvement to warrant the price of the parts for most people. I might some day fab up my own CAI, and maybe a new exhaust for a different sound as long as it's not the ricer farting sound.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HSKR said:
Sure, you'd notice 10 hp gain, but it's not going to be enough of an improvement to warrant the price of the parts for most people. I might some day fab up my own CAI, and maybe a new exhaust for a different sound as long as it's not the ricer farting sound.
Just like the 03-05 SRT-4, Mopar was well known to slightly understate their power gains with Mopar Performance parts. True, 10 hp doesnt sound like much, but I know it will be more than 10 hp for all three parts.

Furthermore, just with an intake, and exhaust, youll have two parts that are very easy to install, and will not affect the cars longevity or durability. A header wont change the longevity or durability either, but if you just want to keep it simple, we have the intake and exhaust from MOpar Performance for your Calibers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts