Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Mopar Performance Parts already avaliable

8K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  Mike 
#1 ·
Not trying to sell anything (yet). Pmed admin about being site supporter. Ive been a site supporter on LXforums.com for a few months.

Anyone want to gawk at the go fast goodies?

***CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER***

Questions? One thing im not positive on is what model these fit (caliber, duh, se/sxt is what i mean). A quick look at my catalog shows me that the intake on all the 1.8, 2.0, and 2.4L Engines are the same (so im thinking this fits all models). The exhaust im showing a different part number for the AWD models. Ill give Mopar a call tomorrow and verify. Too bad they get off at 5 PM eastern time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also, I guess it'd help to know if the clearances work for all transmission types. I've seen some catbacks not clear certain buldges on auto vs. manual trannies and stuff... and the initial CAI for the Mazda3 (I happen to have one) had trouble clearing the auto-transmission when they first came out... which caused some grief to some owners.

Man, that strut bar looks sweet ;)

#3 ·
holeydonut said:
Also, I guess it'd help to know if the clearances work for all transmission types. I've seen some catbacks not clear certain buldges on auto vs. manual trannies and stuff... and the initial CAI for the Mazda3 (I happen to have one) had trouble clearing the auto-transmission when they first came out... which caused some grief to some owners.

Man, that strut bar looks sweet ;)
Well, from what i see in my parts catalog for the exhaust, it looks like it comes right off of the back of the motor (instead of down and around like import motors, mazda, honda are a few off the top of my head). The Caliber engine/trans is mounted alot like the Neon, with the exhaust side of the cylinder head facing towards the driver.

This leads me to believe that this will fit any trans type, but it doesnt hurt to double check myself.

#10 · (Edited)
dommo_g said:

Did you put an intake on your Mazda3? I was looking at an intake for my Mazda5 and realized the K&N is the same part no. for the 3. I was wondering what other parts would fit.

No, I haven't touched my Mazda3 because I don't plan on keeping it after I start working... but I do know there were significant issues early on for Mazda3 owners.

That 2.3 MZR block in your Mazda5 will show up on a lot of Ford/Mazda products, but I think the general configuration of everything (throttle bodies, transmissions, pulleys, belts, whatever) will make it hard for you to just grab any ol' intake and hook it up. Even the 2.3 Mazda6 and the 2.3 Mazda3 have significantly different setups for their intakes.

Unfortunately, the market for CAI plumbing on a minivan (or whatever you want to call the Mazda5) is very low. I think you're better off just trying to make your own short-ram intake and hoping it doesn't throw a CEL due to the finicky air-flow sensors on the 2.3.

Oh - to clarify - the CAI manufacturers fixed the situation pretty quickly once they found that a change had to be made - it was just a 2 mm clearance issue that they remedied with the bends on the intake plumbing.

#11 ·
Unfortunatly, Mopar had nothing to say about lowering springs, or any suspension modifications. They also told me that the parts i have listed above are the only ones avaliable at the current time.

And they (mopar) also said that the performance parts will fit all engines, 1.8, 2.0, 2.4. The guy i talked to told me that they havnt fitted the cat-back, or the header on the AWD version, so they are not sure if it will fit. I doubt it will, but dont really want to try to test fit one.

#12 ·
MoparStore said:
Unfortunatly, Mopar had nothing to say about lowering springs, or any suspension modifications. They also told me that the parts i have listed above are the only ones avaliable at the current time.

And they (mopar) also said that the performance parts will fit all engines, 1.8, 2.0, 2.4. The guy i talked to told me that they havnt fitted the cat-back, or the header on the AWD version, so they are not sure if it will fit. I doubt it will, but dont really want to try to test fit one.

That's odd that they haven't test fit on a R/T Caliber... since you figure it'll be the R/T owners who will want a free-flowing exhaust (well, I'm just guessing that the owners with big motors care about performance)... although I guess if people really want the manual gearbox they'll opt for something else.

Weirdness.com

#14 ·
holeydonut said:
No, I haven't touched my Mazda3 because I don't plan on keeping it after I star.........ds on the intake plumbing.
Thanks man. You seem pretty knowledgeable with the Mazdas. What I was REALLY hoping was the Mada5 2.3 was the same engine as the Mazdaspeed6 without the turbo. I would definitely give up my warranty if I could bolt up a factory turbo to it.

BTW, who's manufacturing the Caliber parts for Mopar?

#18 ·
OrangeRT here!

I wants the free flow exhaust!! Gimme gimme gimme. But alas, you are right I called my dealer a few days ago and he put me in touch with someone in Detroit who said they were unsure if the AWD R/T exhaust would work yet. They have a listing for the part but he said he did not think it was shippinp yet.

I will order the cold air intake shortly though, again I have an R/T and everything is unsure for this car.

#20 ·
Lets see, do I wait and pay the license/registration first or order parts immediately... [/frets]

TommyLee said:
If I told you... well, you know the rest.;)
LOL

#24 ·
Hi TommyLee,

Since you seem to "be connected" could you maybe let us R/T owners know when the exhaust is really available? I really would like to add it to ours along with the CAI.

The dealer put me on a three way with someone who was supposedly from MI and he said to check back with my dealer in thirty days. We spend a lot of money with our local dealer through business and he tried to help find out. Don't really know if we spoke to someone in MI or not to be honest.

#26 · (Edited)
caliber4whoosh said:
Well you obviously work for DCx, there are a million jobs (figuratively speaking) that you could have.. Just tell us! :D
Your age is showing through.

In most instances, a DCX employee can get into quite a bit of trouble from their management for posting information on an internet forum if there is any way that that information can be construed as 'officially from a DCX representitive".

Let Tommy be, and he will be able to continue providing information that you would not otherwise have access to. As you (and others) begin to realize that there are even more people from inside the DCX organizations (including Mopar Performance and SRT Engineering) using these forums, please be mindful that they can only stay as long as their cover is not blown.

This has been a problem on several related boards in the past, and usually leads to a big blowout where I end up making the offenders look like jackasses in front of their peers.

Remember, once the sources have been 'outed', they can't return, ever, using any usernames. Their jobs depend on it, and frankly, nobody here is worth losing a job over.

The other side of that can be just as bad. When someone obviously has information that you didn't know about, don't try to tell them they are an idiot or don't know what they are talking about. It's not unlikely that you will be telling the engineers themselves that they don't know how the car operates.

Regards,
Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.