Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found this:

The following iPod Integration Kits are available:

• Can-B Integrated (#82209617AC, M.S.R.P. - $215) for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander

"Mopar, DaimlerChrysler's original equipment manufacturer, announced it has expanded availability of its factory-engineered iPod Integration Kits for most Chrysler Group vehicles. The audio integration system accessory was launched in early 2006.

The iPod Integration Kit from Mopar Authentic Accessories provides direct connectivity between the customer's iPod and the vehicle's audio sound system. Offering true interface, the iPod attaches to the custom cable port located in the glove box. The iPod adaptor module is concealed under the vehicle dash, translating and then sending the signal to the vehicle's radio receiver.

Once attached, all iPod control functions are available through the vehicle's audio sound system. This hardware interface provides optimal digital audio quality so all passengers can enjoy the iPod tracks. Using the audio system or steering wheel controls, drivers can browse their iPod music collection of playlists, song titles, and artists that are viewable on the radio display face. Radio display and audio prompt features vary between radio model.

While the iPod is connected to the cable port, it's continually charging - whether it's playing or turned off."

·
Registered
361 Posts
sounds good, but I'm wondering about a few things,

donsmith said:
Offering true interface, the iPod attaches to the custom cable port located in the glove box. The iPod adaptor module is concealed under the vehicle dash, translating and then sending the signal to the vehicle's radio receiver.
Does that mean the cable goes into the glove box / box needs to be open? :confused:

While the iPod is connected to the cable port, it's continually charging - whether it's playing or turned off."
Isn't that bad for an iPods battery? There was some issues with docks that had similar charging schemes, I don't know if any of the problems applied to the new 5/5.5G ipods or the iPod Nano models. I've been paranoid about leaving my iPod plugged in from all the crap I've read on ilounge, and other sites. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The glove box doesn't need to be open. The whole idea is to see your iPod's interface on the in-dash radio. You don't need access to the face of the iPod. If you have steering wheel controls you can browse your iPod by pressing those buttons and looking at your in-dash radio. As for constantly charging, I'm guessing that it's constantly charging as long as the ignition is on. I could be wrong about that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
mmm, i might have to get that kit!

The iPod knows when it's charged, and it will not continue to charge the battery when it is full.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More details:

The 'Can-B Integrated' kit ($215) is available for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Jeep Commander.

The 'J-1850 Integrated' kit ($180) is designed for the Jeep Liberty, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country, and Chrysler Pacifica.

Two FM-modulated versions are also available with support for Jeep Liberty, Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler 300, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Ram, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Chrysler Sebring, and Dodge Avenger.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry if I missed it, I scanned the message twice, it says "are available", but this is the first I have heard of it. If I went to a dealer could they get me information on installing this right now? Or is it something coming in the next month or so.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just posting the information that's out there. I haven't tried to order the part yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
VulnoX said:
Sorry if I missed it, I scanned the message twice, it says "are available", but this is the first I have heard of it. If I went to a dealer could they get me information on installing this right now? Or is it something coming in the next month or so.
bump for this question... i've been waiting for this for a long time :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had car in for MORE warranty work yesterday, Checked wih parts AND service, both said they have not heard of a full integration kit and parts dept. only found the first kit listed which uses FM modulation and ipod controls. Nothing about the "can b" integrated kit. Typical dealer..if it's out there someone help us out with a part # if possible :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
jalenray said:
Had car in for MORE warranty work yesterday, Checked wih parts AND service, both said they have not heard of a full integration kit and parts dept. only found the first kit listed which uses FM modulation and ipod controls. Nothing about the "can b" integrated kit. Typical dealer..if it's out there someone help us out with a part # if possible :)
I found this page http://www.podcastingnews.com/2007/01/04/mopar-offers-ipod-integration-kits-for-most-chrysler-jeep-and-dodge-cars/
that mentions this part number for the kit #82209617AC
Can any one confirm availability?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts