Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

looks like this one has the unpainted emblem & R/T wheels... -- oh, btw, this is arizona i think

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dunno, but most testing-cars have them, Probably a halon fire suppresion system. That's why I think it was doing thermal testing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wonder what they do with them test cars when they are done testing them. Anybody know?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they're probably going to go to the employees that want them @ a cheaper price since they're technically used.. or.. dismantled.

·
Registered
126 Posts
suzq044 said:
they're probably going to go to the employees that want them @ a cheaper price since they're technically used.. or.. dismantled.
Where do you apply for a job at DCX? LOL

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Red button is an engine kill switch.

Also all the tests cars go back to DCX, they can't be sold to anyone. The reason they can't be sold is because since they where test cars, they don't know what safety modifications could have been removed or altered so the goverment regulations say they are not allowed to sell them.

I was wondering where that srt-4 went. It was up here in Michigan.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didnt have the Camera handy however theres been a red and a silver one spotted here in Windsor
as well as a Red Nitro R/T

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here's another: the seats look a lil funky to me tho..

Looks like they had a slight accident with the rear bumper cover. It's hard to tell, but you can make out Goodyear and I'd bet they're using the same ties as the other pics of the red proto car. And I'd bet that's it for interior, and they are using a different seat than the other SRT vehicles and the old car (looks close to the basic design of the new Caliber's base seats).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Damn, they must never wash any of the test mules. Both of them are dirty as hell. Is that a carbon fiber wrapped steering wheel? Looks kinda nice. I'd be willing to bet they backed over a curb with the rear bumper cover and pulled it out when they pulled forward. Silly engineers. Interesting that it has the aftermarket rims on it and not factory rims.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Germaneon said:
I agree, looks like R/T rims. What is that huge red button for? Ejection seat?
that's great lol :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
suzq044 said:
i dunno, but most testing-cars have them, Probably a halon fire suppresion system. That's why I think it was doing thermal testing.
The red button is an engine kill switch. This button is used all vehicles that have instrumentation on them. All manufactures use them. The reason they do not wash them to often is that more than likely this car if in arizona is for hot testing/mileage accumulation. The only time they will get fully detailed is if they were going to a dog and pony show. All test cars are equipped with a fire extinguisher not halon system.

·
Registered
728 Posts
looks like the stock caliber gauge cluster too... booooo

oh well.. at least we have an idea now of what a silver one looks like... a dirty silver one at that... :cool: :eek:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts