Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got out of my car tonight and noticed major condensation in my drivers side headlight, around the amber area...

should have sealed them up before i put them in i knew it.:icon_flaming:

·
Registered
431 Posts
every headlight i have seen in person from them leaked and caused problems. 120 bucks you et what you pay for. i think i am going to get them but i will seal them

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Just think, if you put HID's in them they could fog and flicker at the same time.

Sorry DvC, I couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
the price was right which is why everyone jumped on these right away
I also did (not installed yet)
point of my post is I would have gladly paid more $$ if quality was better

they look great
and I know a lot of people have had luck with the company that makes the headlights but obviously, the quality is not near OEM but it should be

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Still no fogging here....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Go get some silicone sealant. Try drilling a small hole to get the condensation out, seal that too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
my entire driver side mpx light fogged.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd also suggest taking them off and leaving the headlights in the sun. If you have to take them apart, wipe them out and seal them up good.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
thats the plan.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I'd also suggest taking them off and leaving the headlights in the sun. If you have to take them apart, wipe them out and seal them up good.
won't MPx replace improperly sealed headlights?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
won't MPx replace improperly sealed headlights?
you know...you'd think that. I believe I was the 1st to have this problem happen too (check out my other post) and I kinda felt like people thought I just installed them wrong because of how good the quality of these headlights is. I'm not saying their poorly built, but for the price ($119) I would assume they wouldnt be perfect. What would me happy would be if modern sent me a new for free. Dont have my fingers crossed though :mecry:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
you know...you'd think that. I believe I was the 1st to have this problem happen too (check out my other post) and I kinda felt like people thought I just installed them wrong because of how good the quality of these headlights is. I'm not saying their poorly built, but for the price ($119) I would assume they wouldnt be perfect. What would me happy would be if modern sent me a new for free. Dont have my fingers crossed though :mecry:
did you call them and ask?
I paid $420 for a set of LED tails for my MS6
drivers side tail fogged up right after my first car wash in my driveway
sure as **** they replaced mine for free as I had them for less than a week
the price difference between the two is certainly huge but the point is a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. If mine fog up I'm sending them back for replacements
if they aren't going to replace them for free, I'll still send them back but filled with dog ****:jester:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
did you call them and ask?
I paid $420 for a set of LED tails for my MS6
drivers side tail fogged up right after my first car wash in my driveway
sure as **** they replaced mine for free as I had them for less than a week
the price difference between the two is certainly huge but the point is a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. If mine fog up I'm sending them back for replacements
if they aren't going to replace them for free, I'll still send them back but filled with dog ****:jester:
lol nice. My legs broke and im stuck on crutches for some time, so I have more important things to attend too. I was probly just going to reseal them though. If modern wanted to g...idk... help out a VERY active customer then I would have thought I might have receieved an email when I made my previous thread. I'm not pushing the whole YOU broke it YOU fix idea right now though.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
lol nice. My legs broke and im stuck on crutches for some time, so I have more important things to attend too. I was probly just going to reseal them though. If modern wanted to g...idk... help out a VERY active customer then I would have thought I might have receieved an email when I made my previous thread. I'm not pushing the whole YOU broke it YOU fix idea right now though.
damn, I got some broken car parts I want to sell you
your the perfect customer lol:bigthumb:

just bustin your chops
condensation in the head or tails is FAIL si I fee for you and am now thinking of selling mine vs installing them
just a pain waiting to happen = no thanks

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only thing that gets my goat is I'm pretty sure modern will tell me to ship them back on my own dime. I'd rather just wait till the condensation clears and reseal them then have to wait and pay for it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The only thing that gets my goat is I'm pretty sure modern will tell me to ship them back on my own dime. I'd rather just wait till the condensation clears and reseal them then have to wait and pay for it.
yeah exactly.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
no fogging here yet.... maybe tell the guys you pick up at the bars not too breath so heavy on the headlights when you are messin around

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it really surprises me too.i live in the driest state. its almost mind boggling that there is water in there...

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Yup, still no fogging here!

I have a feeling I'm going to be eating these words in the future...

Reactions: DvC
1 - 20 of 77 Posts