Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ive been using MCAD for about 16 months. Some say the Soap strips Wax. I Havnt Waxed my car since i got it over a year ago. I think the soap actually protects the paint.... I NEVER Dry my car.... the Secret is the filter thats on the gun that allows u to rinse your car with CLEAN PURE water. U Be the judge

·
Registered
371 Posts
BAD ASS SRT!!! What you did with the headlights is, well... it's just Bad Ass!!! That is definately one clean machine!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitz said:
BAD ASS SRT!!! What you did with the headlights is, well... it's just Bad Ass!!! That is definately one clean machine!
Thanks buddy, Those are just some S-style eyelids. It came with a red that didnt match but everyone told me that Black looked better anyways heh... didnt have muhc of a choice anyways

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one guy told me he uses a different soap in his MCAD and it works perectly. He uses Maguires i think.... imma post of new pics when i wash it tomarrow

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm sure any soap will probably work okay in it. The green soap specified for it si supposed to help promote the "sheeting" action of the water to let it run off the vehicle. But if it's effecting the wax then maybe it's better to use a different soap. You'd just use more soap by running it through the gun than you would using a bucket and sponge. And the Zaino soap I use isn't cheap, so don't want to waste it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh... yea... i know alot of folks only use the Filter part on the gun and that it..... they still use their regular stuff and rinse with the filter misty thingy

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
BloodySrt said:
oh... yea... i know alot of folks only use the Filter part on the gun and that it..... they still use their regular stuff and rinse with the filter misty thingy
That's all I will do from now on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the most part MCAD is a pretty good product but, I find that it works best on a overcast day, but living in california those days a hard to come by.

Also I always seem to find spots on my caliber. I'm thinking it's because the caliber has so many nooks and crannies that water can hide in. It's not as sleek as the neon, therefore water just doesn't roll off of it as with other cars.

Don't get me wrong I still think it's great, it's just that I have to put in a little more work than the next guy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
728 Posts
I dont know... I found the Mr.Clean autodry to be kind of a pain in the neck. If you do it right it looks awesome, but having to buy new cartidges all the time or whatever...

Give me a bucket, sponge and a bottle of wash & wax anyday.

Although shammying (sp?) the car is still annoying too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have both the MCAD and a good chamois(yes...that is exactly how "shammy" is spelled). I like the MCAD but there are days that i like to spend time with the cali and dry her by hand. If you get a chance to buy a "SIMMONZ SPEED CLOTH"...do it! It is a blue cloth that works 100X better than any 50 dollar chamois!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have an expensive chamois however I have found something much better
it's called the Absorber 19.95 CAN at Walmart,this thing sucks up water
like it's ac powered.
This material never has to be dried out,can be stored wet and ready use
best I have ever used on any car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you live in an area with VERY soft water like Vancouver, BC, Canada you can actually pretty much skip the filter part, all you need is the soap for it to work. But again the water has to be extremely soft so it's basically like the deionized filtered water.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bigtsr said:
I have an expensive chamois however I have found something much better
it's called the Absorber 19.95 CAN at Walmart,this thing sucks up water
like it's ac powered.
This material never has to be dried out,can be stored wet and ready use
best I have ever used on any car.
Yep, I have an absorber for each of my vehicles. Works better than any chamois I've ever used. Highly recomended. And for getting the excess water out from around the dor handles, mirrors, and other cracks, you can ue either an aircompresor with the blower attatchment, or buy some of the caned air used for claning computers and stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice ideas... never knew about all the alternate ways

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can also use a shop vac if you have the blower function. Thats what I use.

The MCAD soap is what makes your car dry with out spots or with minimal spots. They added something to the soap so it would sheet water, its not the filter that makes the water sheet. If you wanted you could buy some filters and attach them to your outside water line and it would filter the water way better than the MCAD. Of course those filters are on the pricey side. I prefer to just dry it, but hey whatever floats your boat!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used the MCAD on my neon twice and it worked great the first time, so-so the second time. I just used it on the Caliber and while it's more convenient than a bucket, the filter turned brown already, not even 3 washes. I guess the water is very hard around here and the filter would probably best for the finish, but it will just get too expensive to keep buying new filters. Perhaps if we had softer water I would use it more often but for now I have an absorber and it does work great so that's what I'll stick to after a bucket and sponge.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been using the MCAD on my Caliber for the last 5 months and love it, I wash my car every few weeks and it never seems to strip the wax, the car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom everytime i wash it. Anyone who wants their car to look great should buy this and see for themselves.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts