Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so has anyone tried using this thing? it claims to wash your car so well that when it dries without aid of a chammy, spot free...

here's an article about it... anyone actually use this thing?? i have a black caliber and unfortunatly have to park it directly under a tree which is in heat and therefore dumps it's genetic material all over my beautiful car. gotta wash this thing alot.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I am curious about this thing too..I have seen commercials and everything, but have not found anyone that has actually put it to a test...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used it when it first came out probably 2 years ago. I've never looked back. It made my two year old truck gleam. I HIGHLY recommend it. But make sure it's the real Mr. Clean, and that you use the Mr. Clean concentrate. I tried a no-name concentrate, and it didn't work nearly as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been wondering about those products myself. There seems to be a few different types/brands on the shelves at Canadian Tire. I was also thinking about one of those Simonize pressure washers next time one is on sale.

Good to hear the Mr. Clean one works well. I've been interested in that for a little while now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Thanks man, I will have to get it and try it out.
No problemo.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
you need to be in the shade though.. like anytime you want a decent finish on ur wash.. so the soap doesnt dry in.. i used it too, then it broke, so i dont use it NEmore; right now.. im letting my car get really dirty :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
suzq044 said:
you need to be in the shade though.. like anytime you want a decent finish on ur wash.. so the soap doesnt dry in.. i used it too, then it broke, so i dont use it NEmore; right now.. im letting my car get really dirty :D
Yeah, I completely forgot about the shade thing. It's been soo long since I've used mine, too. :mad:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought the Mr. clean autodry system a few weeks ago and I'm pretty irritated about it. It just does not do what it claims to for me. Perhaps my water is too hard for the filter, but it dries leaving water spots just like anything else, and I am using it correctly. I haven't been impressed with the soap that comes with it, either. I think if you look at the cost of soap and filter refills this system is not a very good value at all. I'm really upset I bought it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would recommend this to anyone. It didn't leave and spots on my black neon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine works great. I get refills at AutoZone: D.I. Cartridge-$5.99 (10 uses) and the soap-$5.99 (16oz. Bottle). 10 car washes, spot free for $12.00 plus 15-20 minutes of effort= cheap car wash. it really does work great. The trick is to coat every single inch of the car (work from roof down) with the filtered water. Even if it starts to spot, the D.I. water will rinse the spots away.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We live in the country with well water which has a lot of calcium in it. Our black Maxima really showed water spots if we didn't shammy it. Tried the MR Clean system and haven't looked back since, no water marks when it dries. It still doesn't wash the car for you, and you still have to scrub, scrub, but as far as water spots......nill!!:D:DAnd soooo..........I tried it doing domestic stuff.........aarrrggghhhh!!washing house windows, well it works great for that too, no streaks in the windows!!!Spotless.....!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yesterday I used some Canadian Tire "Money" *feel free to chuckle now* to pick up the AutoDry Kit. It was pretty cheap, only $27. Can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have one for my Caliber, the only places I get water spots are where the water drips onto the bumper from the hatch... I can live with that.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got it a year back... use it and like it.. in the shade it does a great job..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ive had mine since they first came out and its all Ill use to wash my cars with. The spotfree thing is my favorite part about it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts