Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my MS1K updated ECU (v2) on July 3. I'm selling the car and sellers are responsible for smog in CA. I took it in for a smog test on July 5. I was nervous but it passed with flying colors. Emissions were at or below average emissions for this car! So if it passes in CA, it'll pass anywhere. Nice job guys!

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I got my MS1K updated ECU (v2) on July 3. I'm selling the car and sellers are responsible for smog in CA. I took it in for a smog test on July 5. I was nervous but it passed with flying colors. Emissions were at or below average emissions for this car! So if it passes in CA, it'll pass anywhere. Nice job guys!
I have ms1k, mpx catted downpipe, and Mopar catback exhaust. I failed overall emissions. I passed smoke and odb. The lady told me I didn't have a cat, which I clearly did and showed her, but seem like she didnt know what she was doing. Any advice

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You didn't state where you're from, but I'm in the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles). These are the toughest smog laws in the country. I'd take it to a different smog test facility if I were you. I also had the MPx catted downpipe. It took me a year to sell my car. Smog tests in CA are only good for 90 days when selling a car. So I ended up smogging it 2 more times after this. All 3 times over the course of a year it passed with flying colors. I did put a fresh set of plugs in (.28 gap) and always change the oil every 5,000 miles.

I will say all 3 times it was difficult for the tester to keep it within the specified RPM range because the throttle is so sensitive. It took an hour each time. But it did pass with and without rollers. Like I said, go somewhere else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool. I'm from Colorado in Greeley. I'm hearing people saying that they passed on the v1 ms1k and others say they don't. I might just take the advice and go to a different tester

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alright, so I swapped out my pcm to ms1. I passed everything but the NOx reading. It was high about 1671. The limit is 1500. Any advice on how I can get this lowered

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be running hot. Do you a 180 thermostat? RealTuned has a kit if you don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts