Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, If you order the Musicgate sound system do you get the base radio unless you specify otherwise?

·
Registered
687 Posts
The musicgate sound system is a MUST! If you have not yet heard it use www.dodge.com to build an SXT basic with the musicgate sound system and then search your local dealers inventory online for one. After finding a dealer online that shows one in stock, call them to make sure they have one on the lot to listen to.

If you buy a Caliber before hearing the musicgate sound system you will hate yourself...IT ROCKS! :cool:

Yes, I HAVE IT! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont have the Musigate, But I just installed the Kicker speaker upgrade to the base System and WOW, what a difference. I cant believe the bass response with this, It sounds like I have a Subwoofer in the car. I did both the front and the Back, Best audio upgrade Ive made.

·
Registered
203 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
The musicgate sound system is a MUST! If you have not yet heard it use www.dodge.com to build an SXT basic with the musicgate sound system and then search your local dealers inventory online for one. After finding a dealer online that shows one in stock, call them to make sure they have one on the lot to listen to.

If you buy a Caliber before hearing the musicgate sound system you will hate yourself...IT ROCKS! :cool:

Yes, I HAVE IT! :D

WELL SAID :cool: MUSICGATE IS MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
.... In fact the it is so :cool: my driverside dash speaker sounds like it's showing signs of too much volume. On some songs (not many) I hear little sounds like someone is talking through foil. :D

I've already talked to guys in the repair hole on how is the best way to take out the speaker and replace it. If it gets worse I will do just that and post pictures of a How-To-Repair.

·
Registered
413 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
.... In fact the it is so :cool: my driverside dash speaker sounds like it's showing signs of too much volume. On some songs (not many) I hear little sounds like someone is talking through foil. :D

I've already talked to guys in the repair hole on how is the best way to take out the speaker and replace it. If it gets worse I will do just that and post pictures of a How-To-Repair.
I took apart the liftgate speakers and found out that they are full range 3-1/2" speakers(no tweeter). I wonder if the dash ones are the same, and could benifit from an upraded better quality coax. I also put to rest whether the liftgate speakers are Boston Acoustics......they are! But they can be upgraded easily with a same size speaker.......putting any thing larger would require cutting a hole in the liftgate and mounting them on the outside(at least from what I can tell). Boston Acoustics makes a nice Coaxial 3-1/2" model# S35. Here is the URL to Crutchfields website.....http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O77vQ2UHcE6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51100&I=065S35
I think you can find them cheaper on E-Bay. The only one problem is how to figure out which wire is + an which is - . They use connectors which need to be cut off. Anyone brave enough to start upgrading these speakers, let us know how it turns out, and how they sound. I personally will stick with the BA brand, but there are other upgrades that will fit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'd still wait for the Kicker Mopar upgrade before changing out much on the MusicGate, should be plug and play.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ejfb said:
I'd still wait for the Kicker Mopar upgrade before changing out much on the MusicGate, should be plug and play.
In my opionion kicker is well known for it's subwoofers...not so much in the way of other speakers. Quite possibly a speaker uprgade by any company may not be a huge difference in sound for the amount of money spent.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You could possibly be right, but the kicker upgrade has made a big difference for the standard speaker system, and I'm sure Mopar (Chrysler) wouldn't go to all the trouble to make an upgrade for the MusicGate speakers, if it didn't do something worthwhile.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ejfb said:
You could possibly be right, but the kicker upgrade has made a big difference for the standard speaker system, and I'm sure Mopar (Chrysler) wouldn't go to all the trouble to make an upgrade for the MusicGate speakers, if it didn't do something worthwhile.

You may be right.........hopefully someone will post if it makes a difference. Spending possibly a few hundred dollars on an upgrade of speakers, that may not be a big difference, just doesnt make a whole lotta sense. But I still believe at least upgrading the liftgate and dash speakers.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
has anyone else noticed the panels tend to rattle at high volume?
Any ideas for this(other than turning it down)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Try some dynamat or alternative sound proofing materials on the panels that rattle. I currently dont have any in place, but will probrobly do this project in the spring.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ya, Mine sounds like someone talking through tin foil as well, usually on talk radio and some songs. It is VERY annoying. I am not sure if it is the speaker or a panel, but I think it is the passenger front speaker. I am also upset that I cannot get a tape to go into the tape deck, it must be stuck.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts