Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone gotten this option in their Caliber yet or at least heard the system? My mouth started watering when I heard about it...458 watts or something crazy like that. I'm gonna love it rolling down the highway. I just wanted to know. A lot of mazda owners complain their bose system lacks bass but it's still good. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the Calibers system upgrade. i'm gonna get it regardless but do you guys like it?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm sure some types would want something more kicking, but it sounds great to my ears... plenty of bass (I actaully dial this down typically) and the treble/mids are clear. Every once in awhile I get a slight annoying vibration from the bass coming from maybe between the side door and dash. Haven't narrowed the location down yet. Usually I just turn the volume up more then I don't hear it. The musicgate sounds like a sort of cheesy novelty, but I've already used it. A group of us were playing bball, and I pulled up... popped the hatch and put the speakers down. worked great!

·
Registered
245 Posts
preludepunk27 said:
Have anyone gotten this option in their Caliber yet or at least heard the system? My mouth started watering when I heard about it...458 watts or something crazy like that. I'm gonna love it rolling down the highway. I just wanted to know. A lot of mazda owners complain their bose system lacks bass but it's still good. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the Calibers system upgrade. i'm gonna get it regardless but do you guys like it?
It's not just the fold-down MusicGate speakers, the stock 4 speaker system is replaced with a 9 speaker 458-watt Boston Acoustics® sound system along with a leather wrapped steering wheel with wheel mounted audio controls. Gives the Caliber's sound system a swift kick, I would be very surprised if most orders did not include this offering.

While I haven’t heard it personally, most people are pleased with the Boston Acoustics sound systems on many of our other vehicles.

Dan

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm rather pleased with the MusicGate system. Very crisp sound and very clear. The bass is very good for my tastes, and it will thump something fierce. :) It's well worth it, if you have the option to get it.

OUW, I've found that vibration comes from where the dash meets the A-pillar. If I press down on it with my fingers, it goes away. It could be any number of things, but it's a vast improvement over the Neon's interior components. That thing would vibrate horribly with bass on. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was wondering on the tweeter speaker sizes. I've read that the door and the flip-down sizes are 6x9 and obviously the sub is 8". Also, has anyone seen the speakers themselves? Are they a regular paper cone or are they polypropeline with a rubber surround on them? Are all the speakers made by Boston Accoustics or just the sub, and is there an amplifier for all said speakers (as opposed to the deck)? Wow... that's a bunch of questions! LOL!! Oh, btw; my wife and I just ordered our Sunburst Orange SXT last Thursday and it should be here within the next 2 weeks! I can't freakin' wait!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Raz said:
I was wondering on the tweeter speaker sizes. I've read that the door and the flip-down sizes are 6x9 and obviously the sub is 8". Also, has anyone seen the speakers themselves? Are they a regular paper cone or are they polypropeline with a rubber surround on them? Are all the speakers made by Boston Accoustics or just the sub, and is there an amplifier for all said speakers (as opposed to the deck)? Wow... that's a bunch of questions! LOL!! Oh, btw; my wife and I just ordered our Sunburst Orange SXT last Thursday and it should be here within the next 2 weeks! I can't freakin' wait!
I believe the tweeters are 3.5". As for the physical construction, I can’t help you any further although Boston Acoustics may be able to provide you detailed specs.

All 9 speakers are manufactured by Boston Acoustics in a joint venture with Visteon's audio engineering department. Notably Visteon supplies the Digital Signal Processing unit used in the sound system.

The same type of system is utilized in the 300, Magnum, Charger, Commander, Cherokee and PT Cruiser. Most people are impressed with the OEM system.

Dan

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I thought that the sub was a 10" unit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I checked the Boston Acoustics website and they had a section for all their OEM car systems. Curiously it only deals with Chrysler (I assume for the time being). They have all the cars that have the upgraded systems except for the Caliber... go figure... lol!! Anyway, here's a link for a dedicated sound magazing website that did a review on the 8 speaker 385 watt (I think...) system in a 300 C.

I can't wait to hear the Caliber's system now since it's a 9 speaker and over 450 watts!! Sa-weeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

http://www.guidetohometheater.com/speakersystems/105boston/index.html

·
Registered
124 Posts
Raz said:
I checked the Boston Acoustics website and they had a section for all their OEM car systems. Curiously it only deals with Chrysler (I assume for the time being). They have all the cars that have the upgraded systems except for the Caliber... go figure... lol!! Anyway, here's a link for a dedicated sound magazing website that did a review on the 8 speaker 385 watt (I think...) system in a 300 C.

I can't wait to hear the Caliber's system now since it's a 9 speaker and over 450 watts!! Sa-weeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

I've noticed that alot of websites take some time to update their pages with new car info. Crutchfield and tirerack were the same way. It sounds like this option is well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hell yeah it is! :p:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Raz said:

Great read, thanx for the site!!:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I hadn't read it till pacerman's post and I have to say, great find dude. It was a good read. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts