Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my R/T yesterday and I must say, the MusicGate system is very very impressive. I'm usually one for tampering with the audiosystem in my car, but I see no need to do anything with the musicgate. If you can afford it, I recommend you opt for the MusicGate... just thought I'd share my two cent's about the system.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Glad to see you are happy. I too am pleased with the sound quality from the stock system, clear highs and plenty of bass. Wish I did get the MusicGate, but I am lucky I got a Caliber period, lol.

Does it work all the time, or just when you have the tailgate up and the speakers spread?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trythisonforsize said:
Does it work all the time, or just when you have the tailgate up and the speakers spread?
I believe it work's all the time, it sounds like it does. I don't hear a difference when i have the tailgate up and the speaker's flipped down.

I almost got one with no musicgate, matter of fact i had a deposit on one. Then this r/t showed up cause someone cancelled so i grabbed it as quick as i can and am so thankful i got it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Black_RT said:
Got my R/T yesterday and I must say, the MusicGate system is very very impressive. I'm usually one for tampering with the audiosystem in my car, but I see no need to do anything with the musicgate. If you can afford it, I recommend you opt for the MusicGate... just thought I'd share my two cent's about the system.
".......And the beat goes on......."!!:):):)

Glad to see you are enjoying your Caliber and its Musicgate option!

I can't wait!

·
Registered
683 Posts
At first I thought the sound quality of the musicgate sucked! Since then I believe the issue is Sirius that sounds awful. When I listen to FM or a CD the sound is crisp and clean and well defined. With Sirius the sound is flat. Sounds like I'm listening to very cheap speakers on an AM radio. There is no midrange at all and the bass is just thumping without any richness to it. I'd like to know if thats the limitation of Sirius' bandwidth or is the Sirius tuner being used by DCX junk?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Huff said:
At first I thought the sound quality of the musicgate sucked! Since then I believe the issue is Sirius that sounds awful. When I listen to FM or a CD the sound is crisp and clean and well defined. With Sirius the sound is flat. Sounds like I'm listening to very cheap speakers on an AM radio. There is no midrange at all and the bass is just thumping without any richness to it. I'd like to know if thats the limitation of Sirius' bandwidth or is the Sirius tuner being used by DCX junk?
It's gotta be the SIRIUS receiver. I have an Aftermarket SIRIUS receiver (with the dreaded FM modulator) and it sounds tinny at times. But I do remember in my stratus with a full Alpine setup including SIRIUS the sound was awesome. So it must have something to do with the receiver.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
...Does it work all the time, or just when you have the tailgate up and the speakers spread?
To confirm: yes those speakers are functional all of the time. They are considered 2 of the 9 speakers in the upgrade package.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have aftermarket XM direct connected to an Alpine head unit in two other vehicles. The sound is awesome. I'd do the same with the Caliber but with the steering wheel controls and the dash display I'd assume its not an easy task to go with an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
MrD1sturbed said:
It's gotta be the SIRIUS receiver. I have an Aftermarket SIRIUS receiver (with the dreaded FM modulator) and it sounds tinny at times. But I do remember in my stratus with a full Alpine setup including SIRIUS the sound was awesome. So it must have something to do with the receiver.
Agreed. It's a reciever problem. I have XM and SIRIUS recievers, and both sound very crisp on my Pioneer System. However, regular AM/FM and even some CDs don't sound near as good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Huff said:
I agree the sound with Sirius is flat. I had the same problem with my Scion and factory stereo with Sirius. I just think its the receivers that are the issue. Very disappointing though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
you know what i wished they did with the music gate? i mean i love it, but they should have put some controls for volume, ffwd,rev etc on the musicagate itself so you wouldn't have to keep going to the front of the car to change that stuff. maybe even a nice little screen to see all the info you'd see on your dash or more... if you could see me now, you'd see my pinky going to my bottom lip and my eye brow arching higher than normal...

·
Registered
361 Posts
superbang said:
you know what i wished they did with the music gate? i mean i love it, but they should have put some controls for volume, ffwd,rev etc on the musicagate itself so you wouldn't have to keep going to the front of the car to change that stuff. maybe even a nice little screen to see all the info you'd see on your dash or more... if you could see me now, you'd see my pinky going to my bottom lip and my eye brow arching higher than normal...
Even a small remote control would have been cool.

·
Registered
644 Posts
love my musicgate.... but im still putting in 10's :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just had my 1st weekend with my R/T and took it on a couple long drives... the music gate just continues to impress me, I love it!

·
Registered
190 Posts
superbang said:
Turn your steering wheel 180° so you can easily reach the volume controls without having to reach too far inside your Cali... Still though, a remote would be nice! Such a silly oversite. C'mon Dodge!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get an aftermarket deck like a Pioneer and get 2 remotes. I'm lucky, I got a remote with my new deck and I have my old slim remote that came with my old deck, and I'll just velcro the slim remote to the music gate so I can pull it off to use it back there.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I guess I got lucky again in the fact that my Sirius reception is as clear as my cd's are. Love my musicgate and my Sirius!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts