Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guess ill kinda use this as a build page as well. i have alot of plans for my Caliber over the next couple months... so ill keep it updated with pics as i do things. As ya know theres not too much made for the Calibers so mods thus far are fairly simple. Painted red Calipers, Dual horn upgrade, short ram intake. The headrest monitors (and other AV stuff) are going on in a couple days, so ill post up when i get um in, and the wheels should be on from TSW by next week. HID conversion possibly in the works as well. These pics are about a week old, but are current as far as mods are conserned

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Looking good Darren!!:):)

That Marine Blue is really growning on me the past couple of posts of it....hmmm:confused::confused:, I hate color choices.:(

Definately post when A/V is installed!:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i posted in wrong section... whoops... if mod wants to move, thats fine.

you mean the input in the deck for the ipod... if thats what you meen then no, i oppted to have the 6 disc changer as appose to the ipod hookup.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice job! Nice looking Caliber! Regarding the red-painted calipers, how'd you go about doing it? Did you have to take them completely off to paint the whole thing, or is it just a face-paint-job, not worrying about the backside?

What kind of paint did you use?

Tyke

·
Registered
97 Posts
was wondering about the same thing,,, nice pics tho......

·
Registered
188 Posts
What are you doing with your stock rims? I want R/T rims!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure if im going to keep um or sell um... havent descided.

To paint the Calipers i went to Pepboys (not sure if everyone has this store) and bought a do it your self brush on caliper paint kit. they work awesome.... usually the only fiew colors ive seen them have are black and red, but there could be others. the kit comes with the cleaner, stir stick, a little masking tape and the paint and brush. didnt pull them off, just masked off the stuff i didnt want to get paint on (ie rotors, boots etc..) little time consuming but not hard. The only thing i suggest anyone gets outside that kit is, a little thing off laquer/paint thinner to clean the brush out... and possibly an extra stiff, fine tip brush to get into corners and edges. kit costs about $15.00

·
Registered
47 Posts
Darren07RT said:
not sure if im going to keep um or sell um... havent descided.

To paint the Calipers i went to Pepboys (not sure if everyone has this store) and bought a do it your self brush on caliper paint kit. they work awesome.... usually the only fiew colors ive seen them have are black and red, but there could be others. the kit comes with the cleaner, stir stick, a little masking tape and the paint and brush. didnt pull them off, just masked off the stuff i didnt want to get paint on (ie rotors, boots etc..) little time consuming but not hard. The only thing i suggest anyone gets outside that kit is, a little thing off laquer/paint thinner to clean the brush out... and possibly an extra stiff, fine tip brush to get into corners and edges. kit costs about $15.00
Try G2! It is available in many colors and this stuff will not fade or come off!
http://www.wheelskin.com/brakecaliperpaintspecial.html

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
virtually same stuff... just twice as much. ive used the stuff i bought on a few different cars and had no problems...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did it myself... took 5 seconds... not really a cold air, but it helps. more like a short ram intake

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i got it at a shp that went outa business that used to specialize in custom intakes, but now strickly does powder coating, whoever they kept all the old intake pieces. i rummaged throught there bin and found a piece that had the breather line on it, then simply cut the part so it was straight, and threw a 2.5" filter on the end. id imagine you could do the same thing with the generic intake kits and the autoparts store, then cut just in front of the breather for a 6-8" straight piece. then from there i just clamped everything down.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep^...........

·
Registered
901 Posts
KimBo k. said:
i see it first time, under the armrest is a power outlet?!
don't have it
:(
but believe its just usa.
115V or?
In the USA, it's based on the trim level of the car... an SE does not have this power outlet but SXT and R/T do have it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts