Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been some waiting...finally here! Pics to come by 6:00pm mountain time June 11 (it's raining right now). I ordered on April 22 2006 and it arived at the dealer June 08 2006. Picked it up June 10. When i ordered...it was right at the point where changes can be made...can't remember what status code :confused:. I have a Sunburst Orange SXT..
Musicgate/Cruise/24E Sport Package/6 disk cd mp3/Orange inserts/CVT/2.0/Driver convenience package/heated seats/AC/Leather wrapped wheel with audio controls/all the other Dodge included goodies! Had to pay list as when i tried to deal, i was pretty much told..."Sorry, we can have it sold in 10 minutes"....not those exact words....but exactly what my salesman meant! Oh well....worth it! I turned over 100KM today :D. Came with 7 on the odometer. Gonna tint it next weekend. Purchased mud flaps and a bug shield but will install it myself. Rear cargo mat and chrome fuel door to follow shortly! So far i hear no pinging muffler or popping from speakers. By the way....The upgraded stereo system kicks A#@! Got my Cali and the Oilers win the hockey game today too!!! :D:D:D!
Cheers!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Woohoo congrats, I know you have been waiting a long time. Glad its all you expected and probably more.

Question, you ordered it right? So your name was on the order if it was, was your name on the window sticker? And if so, could you post a picture of what it looks like on the sticker?

Thanks and congrats again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ejfb said:
Woohoo congrats, I know you have been waiting a long time. Glad its all you expected and probably more.

Question, you ordered it right? So your name was on the order if it was, was your name on the window sticker? And if so, could you post a picture of what it looks like on the sticker?

Thanks and congrats again.
Sure...i did not even look at it! It was folded up in the glove box. I will try and remember and take a pic of it!
Cheers!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Pictures anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and delivery umf!!!!:):):):):) It's about time right!!

Is it still raining??:D

Umm, you have 2hrs well 3 for me becuase of 1hr time difference to get those picture up here or I will be hounding you!!:D:cool::p I would like to request some interior and exterior shots please!:D

·
Registered
901 Posts
ejfb said:
...Question, you ordered it right? So your name was on the order if it was, was your name on the window sticker? And if so, could you post a picture of what it looks like on the sticker?....
I took that pic of mine on the first day!!! Here it is (if you don't mind me buttin' in like that):

·
Registered
901 Posts
umf said:
Been some waiting...finally here!...
congrats umf!! I can hear your enthusiasm in your post! :)
Looking forward to seeing your pics too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Damn! I never knew that!!! I think that is freaking awesome how that do that!!!
Ah, the beauty of modern technology, databases, and most likely bar codes during manufacturing.

Makes sense. Think about it -- the assembly line stations (and robots, where they are used) have to know what options any specific car is or is not getting. Certain options encoded in the VIN, and the VIN is assigned before it hits the line, and -- you have to give your name and address (in addition to the VIN) when you call the CAC to get a build code status.

(I don't mind revealing my last name, cuz if you really had wanted to, you could have found it on my photo web site, which is listed in my profile.)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Ah, the beauty of modern technology, databases, and most likely bar codes during manufacturing.

Makes sense. Think about it -- the assembly line stations (and robots, where they are used) have to know what options any specific car is or is not getting. Certain options encoded in the VIN, and the VIN is assigned before it hits the line, and -- you have to give your name and address (in addition to the VIN) when you call the CAC to get a build code status.

(I don't mind revealing my last name, cuz if you really had wanted to, you could have found it on my photo web site, which is listed in my profile.)
Yeah thats true, technology has really came a long way, I still look like this though>>>:eek: :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Its all the way on the top above the fuel milage estimates. Dodge has been doing this for quite a while. When I ordered my 2002 Neon ES the stick had my name on it as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts