Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cali died today... I was driving it home from work on the expressway and my airbag warning lights came on, and wouldn't go off so I pulled off the expressway and looked thru manual to see what that meant and like anything when it's not working right I turned it off to hopefully get it off my panel and guess what the car won't start. Had power for the windows, lights, etc... So I called my dealer.... THey didn't know what it could be so I called my roadside assistance.. wasn't thrilled about that. I had to wait 2.5 hours for the truck to come get me, and I had to pay extra to have my car taken to the dealer I bought it at..
Anyone have any similar issues or know of anyone that did? (history... about a month or so prior the car has been starting with a hesitation)
and the tow truck driver said that he's towed 4 other cali's due to the same issue.
Well it's at the dealer so we shall see what they say...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'd talk to the dealer about compensating you for the extra cost of the tow to get it there. Little bit of customer loyalty should be worth it to them to pay the tow fee. This is the first I've heard of this. Hope it's not a serious issue. My guess is the computer sensed an airbag problem, and won't let you drive the car now with inop airbags as a safety feature or something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE.... Dealer still has my car, Tomorrow will be a week. They claim it's not working due to me having a dvd sustem installed. and they want me to pay $350 for labor on all that they've done.
My dvd system has been installed in this car for 8mts and was in my durango for a year and no issues. This dealer I think is trying to blame me & get some $$ out of the deal. what do ya think?
Also searching on the internet I found other caliber's that have had the same issue as mine and it was the wireless control module. it would not recognize the key so it locked the system so you couldn't drive it.
I've already emailed corporate and I am calling them in the AM. I think this place is trying to screw me. and to think I've bought 3 cars from them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I live in Illinois and would like to know the dealer your talking about. As for your problem, never heard of any problem like that with the air bag before but a no start after airbag light sounds like a safe move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts