Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our Caliber for three months now (8000Km) and with absolutely no problems with it on the highway or in the city. Best vehicle I have ever had. I often feel like a rep from Dodge as many people have come up to me in a parking lot (Mall,Saddledome, etc) and have asked me about the car, what I thought of it. I always give it a good review to these people

Today, while driving to work, with my wife and daughter in the car we were rear ended buy a vehicle (Saturn VUE) that hit the Honda behind us (chain reaction) and I must say the impact (force) onto our vehicle was quite substantial. So much so that both my wife and I are experiencing sore lower backs. I find it interesting that mine is sore on the lower right and hers lower left. My daughter who was sitting in the back left side is totally fine (hmmph… to be young again!) Any rate, to my surprise when a got out of my vehicle, there was absolutely no damage to the Caliber, not even a scratch on the bumper.
The Honda’s front end looked ok, but the rear bumper showed signs of being hit. The Saturn VUE had both bumper and grill/hood damage. While we were exchanging the usual paperwork with each other, both of the driver’s kept coming up to the Cailber’s back end and were totally amazed of no sign of anything. The Saturn driver was even wondering if we were hit at all?? The Honda driver kept say yeah… and would add I hit him (Caliber) hard. I plan to take it to the dealer and have checked it out to make sure there is nothing wrong with anything underneath or behind the bumper

Great to be a Caliber owner

SXT Sport, everything but leather and U-Connect, Sunburst Orange

·
Registered
96 Posts
You were very lucky. To be on the safe side, take some pictures of your car including some (if possible-on the lift) while at the dealers body shop. If there is any "hidden" damage including bumper or frame damage, you have some photos to back it up for the insurance company. Just to remind you that you have 24-48 hours to report an accident. In the meantime, you might call your insurance company anyway to let them know what is going on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Should the air bags not deploy when you get rear ended?

·
Registered
147 Posts
sucks but you're lucky. Hope the dealer finds any "hidden damage" if there is any.

J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tigerr said:
Should the air bags not deploy when you get rear ended?
Why should they? Airbags only protect during frontal impacts (or side for side air bags). Your head rest is what works in a rear impact.

J

·
Registered
259 Posts
I discovered from being rear ended twice that they DO NOT deploy if you get hit directly in the middle of the back. I was told only if you get hit from an angle... not sure but I do know they did not deploy. 2k or damage to my Ford Probe and 4K Damage to my Dodge Stratus and no airbags either time.... glad to you you guys are doing ok considering it could have been much worse.

·
Registered
644 Posts
that sucks... at least it was rear end though... repair is usually a little easier and usually wont effect how your car drives afterwards... hope you and your fam. are ok.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i sure hope that the calibers "anything but cute"ness doesnt imply that its male. If so poor caliber :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks, 'bang...I was hoping you would see the humor in it.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts