Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of you may know my situation with the alignment in my car, and it pulling to the right. Ok, so I called the GM at my dealer, because the service manager there was being ass, he wouldn't road my car because of the aftermarket wheels that I've put on the car. So like I said, I called the GM, who told me to "fold down your back seats, and put the factory wheels in the car, bring the car to us, and we'll road test it with the factory wheels on".
Fine, I do this...(yesterday) I get there, and the service manager is there with a District Manager from Damlier Chrysler (Jim Lang). They ask me about all of my issues, I tell them EVERYTHING :D. So, the service manager ask's me why am I here :confused::confused: (after he'd called me Friday and told me to come in). I say, "I'm here for a wheel alignment issue, and the pinging noise coming from my muffler as I'm driving". Service manager say's, "I'm not road testing the car with those aftermarket wheels on there." I explain to him that HIS boss told me to put the factory wheels in my car, and come to the dealer, and that you guy's would do the road test" He say's, "I don't give a **** who told you anything, I'm not road testing the car like that!" Hmmm, who's in charge here? The GM, or THIS GUY? (I say to myself). I say ok, what about my muffler and the pinging?
Service manager says, there's nothing wrong with the muffler. and the problem will go away after "break-in". This is while my car is running and the pinging and hissing is LOUD AND CLEAR! At this point, I'm REALLY getting pissed the F off :mad:! (it was about 115'F yesterday)

The guy from DCX is going on the word of this service manager by the way. Then he explains to me, that the car had be aligned twice, (it was aligned once) then... that the muffler problem would go away after break-in. So the service mangager turns and looks at the guy from DCX and says, "so there's nothing more we can do for him at this point". WFT??? I'm so hot and steamed right now, but I maintain control of myself, and kindly say, "I missed a day of work, I traveled 100+ miles out here with my 2yr old, and on top of that, my fiance missed a day of work as well". (She knows how to get to the dealer, I don't).

The service manager only says, "sorry, there's nothing more we can do for you". I was livid! I say, thanks for nothing, you'll be hearing from my lawyer!!
So while waiting for the paperwork from a previous service date, I called up the GM who told me to load up the factory wheels, and I tell him what had just taken place, and within 5 minutes, my car was on the lift!!!!!! They did have an explanation for the alignment issue, and the noise from the muffler was temporarily fixed by moving the fire shield sheets (asbestos) off of the muffler (car was silent). I had asked the DCX guy if the noise would come back after a few road bumps, he said he didn't think so. Well guess what? It came back as soon as I got in the driveway at home. Also, the center console issue is being looked at by the DCX guy. I appreciated the effort , and will let the GM know how grateful I was for all he had done. But I will also let him know that his service manager disrespected him by saying, "I DON'T GIVE A **** WHO TOLD YOU WHAT!" I called this morning to complain about the service manager, but all the GM's were out today. I will be calling DCX, and filing a complaint with them and any of the higher authorities I can think of.

Just wanted to share this with all of you, just to let you guy's know what exists out there. :(

I will not be going back by the way!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: My dealer is an A**hole!

I don't blame you for being so mad. I have had issues with service depts over the years and let me tell you what worked for me.
I bought a used plymouth acclaim from a chrysler dealer in latham ny 10 years ago. I had been having all sorts of problems with the car from day 1. The last straw came when they told me that I needed a new fuel injector that would cost $200 just for the part.Mind you, I had a extended warrenty on this heap so I should not have pay for anything. So after getting BS from the service manager, I complained to the sales manager who basicly told me to get lost.
I prompltly went into the showroom and started telling people NOT to buy a car from this dealership because of the lousy service. After a few minutes, the Sales manager came out after a couple of salemen complained about what I was doing. To make a long story short, I ended up getting the car fixed with no out of pocket expense on my part.
After getting the car back, I never return to that dealer for another car since.
Bottom line: Go over the service managers head. Go to your salesman or as you did the DS of DCX. Neither the Salesman or DCX wants to lose you as a customer. Neither one can afford to let that happen.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well, it's far too late for that! I will NEVER buy another car from them. As for letting all the potential customers how bad service is, I thought about it, then realized that I had my 2yr old son in my presence, along with my fiance. Plus, I'm BLACK! :eek::eek::eek: I felt a little "racial vibe" going on ANYWAY! (respect to all non racists, yall know who you are):D
Can't afford to be locked up somewhere in the middle of summer LOL.. They would have just loved to lock my BLACK behind up.:(

Plus, I prefer to "move in silence". Let them think everything is ok, then hit them with an ATOMIC bomb.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Sounds like a call to the Better Buisness Bureau is in order as well. I would make sure I told them of the "racial vibe" you were feeling, and see if that stirrs anything up. Please let us know of the casualties when the atomic bomb lights off.

·
Registered
226 Posts

BBB won't do anything if the issue was fixed to their satisfaction. Very annoying. Hey, I was kicked out of Hartwig Motors in Iowa City, IA. I was told to never come back by the owner after he started yelling and screaming at me in his office. Then he kept jabbing his finger and pens in my face. I seriously thought he was going to hit me.

I was complaining about a service guy going through my bags and then while I got up to grab a brochure (to get DCX ph #), turn around and he grabbed my warranty books that were sticking out of my purse!!!! This is just after he tells me that no one at that dealership would ever go through my belongings.

That dealership has serious issues!

·
Registered
683 Posts

BBB won't do anything no matter what. The dealer is most likely a BBB member that pays their dues. If so the BBB won't do anything unless someone sues the company and wins. Just my experience! BBB in my opinion is worthless in that they only go after those that are not members or who have lost law suits.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Wow, I read your story 2 weeks ago I think muzzyG. I think you should have filed a police report.
I know one thing, I will be calling first thing on Monday to speak to the GM at my dealership.

I mean, I felt so out of place in there. From now on, I will be having all future service on my car done in NYC. They know how to treat people. Out there in the suburbs of NJ, they're not used to guy's like me! They only deal with "certain types" there, which is QUITE OBVIOUS.:mad:

Huff said:
BBB won't do anything no matter what. The dealer is most likely a BBB member that pays their dues. If so the BBB won't do anything unless someone sues the company and wins. Just my experience! BBB in my opinion is worthless in that they only go after those that are not members or who have lost law suits.
BTW Huff, that was the outcome of my visit to the dealer and the wheel alignment issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Damm that sucks, I would be PISSED!

I hope that when I have to deal with my dealer they are nice.

·
Registered
226 Posts

STEELBLueCALI said:
Wow, I read your story 2 weeks ago I think muzzyG. I think you should have filed a police report.
I know one thing, I will be calling first thing on Monday to speak to the GM at my dealership.

I mean, I felt so out of place in there. From now on, I will be having all future service on my car done in NYC. They know how to treat people. Out there in the suburbs of NJ, they're not used to guy's like me! They only deal with "certain types" there, which is QUITE OBVIOUS.:mad:
I couldn't file one. I tried to. They didn't "steal" anything so there was nothing to file. :(

On a side note... one of my old Chrysler dealership managers (a client) started to work at antoher location (45 miles or so away) and said to schedule my work there and he will just take my car in for me when he goes to work. I won't have to do anything. Now THAT, is customer service!

I just wish that they could really see what some of these dealerships are doing to the face of Dodge. It doesn't matter how many cool "Hemi" or "Dr. Z" commercials you put out on the market. Those may get people in the door, but its the poor customer service as why people leave or don't buy. :(

·
Registered
683 Posts

STEELBLueCALI said:
BTW Huff, that was the outcome of my visit to the dealer and the wheel alignment issue.
Ya, I saw that. I can understand why a dealer may have issues with aftermarket wheels and tires. But they should get it resolved using the factory rims and your dealers attitude is horrible. I don't know why so many dealers are like that. It took me three dealerships before I found a really great one that gets things done. The service manager and asst. manager know me by name. I always make a habit of stopping by their office just to say hi or thanks.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Huff said:
Ya, I saw that. I can understand why a dealer may have issues with aftermarket wheels and tires. But they should get it resolved using the factory rims and your dealers attitude is horrible. I don't know why so many dealers are like that. It took me three dealerships before I found a really great one that gets things done. The service manager and asst. manager know me by name. I always make a habit of stopping by their office just to say hi or thanks.
Well, after speaking to the GM who told me to bring the car over with the factory wheels in the car, they were dead on it. They put the factory wheels on, and I took a drive with the District Manager from DCX (who also gave me his card). After road testing it with me sitting right next to him, he determined that the pull was "radial tire pulling". Also, he pointed out to me that highway's have a "crown" on both sides of them (left & right). He did a full 15 minute demo where he drove in the far left lane, and the car pulled left. Then he did the same in the right lane. All specs as far as alignment "were dead on" in his words. So, I'm basically satisfied to a point... but will get a 2nd opinion. The car still pulled right with either the factory wheels or the aftermarket wheels, which was my arguement from jumpstreet. But I want a NEW muffler, as DCX has created a different design.

·
Registered
70 Posts

STEELBLueCALI said:
Well, after speaking to the GM who told me to bring the car over with the factory wheels in the car, they were dead on it. They put the factory wheels on, and I took a drive with the District Manager from DCX (who also gave me his card). After road testing it with me sitting right next to him, he determined that the pull was "radial tire pulling". Also, he pointed out to me that highway's have a "crown" on both sides of them (left & right). He did a full 15 minute demo where he drove in the far left lane, and the car pulled left. Then he did the same in the right lane. All specs as far as alignment "were dead on" in his words. So, I'm basically satisfied to a point... but will get a 2nd opinion. The car still pulled right with either the factory wheels or the aftermarket wheels, which was my arguement from jumpstreet. But I want a NEW muffler, as DCX has created a different design.
I told you to drive in the left lane and see what happens.

·
Registered
89 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
Many of you may know my situation with the alignment in my car, and it pulling to the right. Ok, so I called the GM of at my dealer, because the service manager there was being ass, he wouldn't road my car because of the aftermarket wheels that I've put on the car. So like I said, I called the GM, who told me to "fold down your back seats, and put the factory wheels in the car, bring the car to us, and we'll road test it with the factory wheels on".
Fine, I do this...(yesterday) I get there, and the service manager is there with a District Manager from Damlier Chrysler (Jim Lang). They ask me about all of my issues, I tell them EVERYTHING :D. So, the service manager ask's me why am I here :confused::confused: (after he'd called me Friday and told me to come in). I say, "I'm here for a wheel alignment issue, and the pinging noise coming from my muffler as I'm driving". Service manager say's, "I'm not road testing the car with those aftermarket wheels on there." I explain to him that HIS boss told me to put the factory wheels in my car, and come to the dealer, and that you guy's would do the road test" He say's, "I don't give a **** who told you anything, I'm not road testing the car like that!" Hmmm, who's in charge here? The GM, or THIS GUY? (I say to myself). I say ok, what about my muffler and the pinging?
Service manager says, there's nothing wrong with the muffler. and the problem will go away after "break-in". This is while my car is running and the pinging and hissing is LOUD AND CLEAR! At this point, I'm REALLY getting pissed the F off :mad:! (it was about 115'F yesterday)

The guy from DCX is going on the word of this service manager by the way. Then he explains to me, that the car had be aligned twice, (it was aligned once) then... that the muffler problem would go away after break-in. So the service mangager turns and looks at the guy from DCX and says, "so there's nothing more we can do for him at this point". WFT??? I'm so hot and steamed right now, but I maintain control of myself, and kindly say, "I missed a day of work, I traveled 100+ miles out here with my 2yr old, and on top of that, my fiance missed a day of work as well". (She knows how to get to the dealer, I don't).

The service manager only says, "sorry, there's nothing more we can do for you". I was livid! I say, thanks for nothing, you'll be hearing from my lawyer!!
So while waiting for the paperwork from a previous service date, I called up the GM who told me to load up the factory wheels, and I tell him what had just taken place, and within 5 minutes, my car was on the lift!!!!!! They did have an explanation for the alignment issue, and the noise from the muffler was temporarily fixed by moving the fire shield sheets (asbestos) off of the muffler (car was silent). I had asked the DCX guy if the noise would come back after a few road bumps, he said he didn't think so. Well guess what? It came back as soon as I got in the driveway at home. Also, the center console issue is being looked at by the DCX guy. I appreciated the effort , and will let the GM know how grateful I was for all he had done. But I will also let him know that his service manager disrespected him by saying, "I DON'T GIVE A **** WHO TOLD YOU WHAT!" I called this morning to complain about the service manager, but all the GM's were out today. I will be calling DCX, and filing a complaint with them and any of the higher authorities I can think of.

Just wanted to share this with all of you, just to let you guy's know what exists out there. :(

I will not be going back by the way!
I'm still curious to know as to why your dealership wouldn't test drive your Caliber due to the aftermarket wheels. What the hell does that have to do with getting a wheel alignment? Wheels are wheels, am I right?

·
Registered
52 Posts
because, they are not stock, did u have your dealer put the aftermarket rims on? probably not. Did u have the dealer put the tires on? probably not. Its a big liability issue. Stock rims with tires have cushion, rims with low profiles dont, if they say test drive with your rims on it and hit a pot hole and bend a rim, thats alot of money, or whos to say while putting your rims on your didnt tighten all the lug nuts correctly and bent a rim. What if you hit a pot hole with your rims on and bent a suspension part because your ride is so stiff. Theres many things that they just dont know and its a huge liability risk to test things you didnt work on. I mean would you trust the oil lube guy at walmart to replace your head gasket???

·
Registered
70 Posts
DodgeCaliberSXT said:
because, they are not stock, did u have your dealer put the aftermarket rims on? probably not. Did u have the dealer put the tires on? probably not. Its a big liability issue. Stock rims with tires have cushion, rims with low profiles dont, if they say test drive with your rims on it and hit a pot hole and bend a rim, thats alot of money, or whos to say while putting your rims on your didnt tighten all the lug nuts correctly and bent a rim. What if you hit a pot hole with your rims on and bent a suspension part because your ride is so stiff. Theres many things that they just dont know and its a huge liability risk to test things you didnt work on. I mean would you trust the oil lube guy at walmart to replace your head gasket???
I dont quite follow the logic here. There is still the same said liability of bent rims if you go in with a sunroof rattle issue and they have to drive to the car to duplicate it. I just dont see how a test drive is an issue. The only real issue I see is warranty issues because they do not know what has been done to the car. They should look into the problem no problem, only thing is chances are you would be paying for it.

Good luck on the muffler issue. After 3 trips to my dealer for other issues my new exhaust system is on order under warranty

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DodgeCaliberSXT said:
First of , there are dealers who have started selling cars with aftermarket wheels & tires on straight off the lot! Oh, and YES these aftermarket wheels & tires are NO DIFFERENT than what I have in terms of spec's. I can understand a dealers reluctance too do certain work because of aftermarket accessories, but these MF'rs are ahole's IMO! I'll stay in NYC instead of dealing with those racists pricks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
DodgeCaliberSXT said:
You lost me there...:confused:

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the GM at BUHLER DODGE where I purchased my car from. I was told by him, that there was nothing they could do as far the exhaust was concerned, he informed me to call the 800# for DCX, and to file a complaint about the exaust.:mad:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts