Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? My flashlight that pops out of the dome in the back doesn't light up now- it did before. Any suggestions????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
I'm with HKSR. Why would you even ask to try and fix it, if its under warranty LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT. Thats why you bought a new vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dcjredline said:
I'm with HKSR. Why would you even ask to try and fix it, if its under warranty LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT. Thats why you bought a new vehicle.
I guess i'm just tired of going up to my dealer- see, i wrecked my caiber in january ($12,000 worth of damage!) and i'm just so sick of taking it back and taking it back cause the "five star" dealer is so crappy. i guess i'll just find a dealer in another town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
I can understand that. I am not too confident in the dealers service dept that I bought my car from so I am going to try a different one too next time. Plus I am driving like 30 miles to the one I bought it from. The closer one is prolly 10 miles away.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,879 Posts
dcjredline said:
I can understand that. I am not too confident in the dealers service dept that I bought my car from so I am going to try a different one too next time. Plus I am driving like 30 miles to the one I bought it from. The closer one is prolly 10 miles away.
LOL i do the same thing! only the closer dealer keeps wanting us to buy from them again lol! and im just like well we had bad experiences with your sales team but your service department is good so far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
val_cal_07 said:
Has anyone had this problem? My flashlight that pops out of the dome in the back doesn't light up now- it did before. Any suggestions????
Wow, in all the time I've been on this forum, this is the FIRST reported flashlight problem I've seen!!

Ditto, it's under warranty, so find a service dept you like and have them take care of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
HSKR said:
There's no picture to prove that's how it happened, so I call BS. lol
Well, I DO have pictures of HER at other times - but they are "inappropriate content" for this fine board. :p

But anyway - it is certainly NOT "BS". After all, I spent FOUR YEARS as a military Recruiter - and therefore have complete integrity, reliability, trustworthiness, credibility, etc, etc, etc. ;)

Trust me... :) those qualities are inherent with all past - and soon-to-be (like...YOU!?) - military Recruiters. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Harley said:
Well, I DO have pictures of HER at other times - but they are "inappropriate content" for this fine board. :p

But anyway - it is certainly NOT "BS". After all, I spent FOUR YEARS as a military Recruiter - and therefore have complete integrity, reliability, trustworthiness, credibility, etc, etc, etc. ;)

Trust me... :) those qualities are inherent with all past - and soon-to-be (like...YOU!?) - military Recruiters. :rolleyes:
RIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTT!!!! I know better than that. Once you join the "fleet" the true stories come out from them. :D And I've seen picture of some of the recruiting tactics used on certain recruits of the female persuasion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Harley said:
Kathy,

I posted here about a flashlight "problem" in the past:

"...Also, the rechargeable/removable flashlight was accidentally kicked out of it's holder by a long-legged lady friend during "recreational activity". I say it's poor placement..."
I do remember that... lol. Yes, terrible incident, I'm sure.. :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
There's a flashlight in the car?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Rear domelight is removable (well half of it is) and its a flashlight AN LED ONE. I just tried mine out today to make sure. IT WORKS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I noticed a small red LED on the side of the flashlight itself... Any idea what that might be for? A low battery indicator?? LOL... :D Usually, the best indication of a dead battery in a flashlight is the lack of light coming from the front... :p


-Gus :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Oh... and the funniest thing of all about the flashlight... It has two "brightness" settings when you first turn it on! :confused: :eek:

Like, somehow it would be too bright, and you might have to choose the lower setting... WTF? :rolleyes:

Cool, but almost totally useless at illuminating anything farther away than 6 feet... Unless you live underground. :rolleyes:

- Gus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
It's meant more to help you at night should you need to change a tire on the side of the road, or look under your hood than as an actual flashlight you'd use camping or something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
What? HKSR. You have a light that is removable under the hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
dcjredline said:
What? HKSR. You have a light that is removable under the hood?
No, but the LED flashlight in the back can be used to look under the hood at night. I wish I had a light in the engine bay. My Dakota does. Another one of those cost cutting items removed by most major car companies.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top