Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some free time at work last night, so this is what I came up with. I too a piece of 3.125 aluminum bar and turned to O.D. to 3" for the air cleaner and put a taper down to 2.6" for the Calibers rubber hose. Bored out the I.D. to 2.2". Made it 3.5" long then drilled and tapped a 3/8 npt hole in the side for the CCV hose fitting. Total time to make and install the whole thing was less than an hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice piece of work.... now if I hadn't taken up woodworking I could go out and buy a lathe ;).. just kidding... seriously, nice work...

·
Registered
13 Posts
fast fix for better performance is to take the battery cover/intake off and throw it in the garbage.
if you look thru the intake plenum, the opening is only about 2 square inches. i have only had my car for a couple of days, but this week end i am going to take the air box cover off and drill a couple of large holes on the fender side. we have government emission testing and they check for intake mods.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I LOVE it! I love it!

Now you have to drive it and let us know about performance. Is it helping your gas mileage, etc.

Tiff

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats really nice. I like it. What air filter is that you used?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will you have any spare time at work tonight? What was that address again??? :D

Seriously though, nice job, let us know how it runs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I have not replied, I guess I picked a good time to make it, as all of a sudden we've gotten busy.
The material is t651 aluminum. A leftover bar end from a previous job, so there is no more.:mad:
The air cleaner was a $19.95 special I picked up at Pep Boys.:D
I need to find some time to fabricate a brace for it, as sometimes it rattles against the tranny's kickdown cable. Other than that, it sounds ok. Although on WOT the sound reminds me a little of the .60 engine on my RC Helicopter! Don't know about the milage yet, when I first put it on I was driving with a heavy foot to see if I could notice a change in performance, and since I filled the tank and zeroed the trip computer I've only got 50 or so miles on it. I can tell you that at WOT around 4200rpm I CAN feel more of a push back into the seat than I could before. That's around where the variable valve timing goes into it's "permormance mode" so it's kind of a double kick, but there IS a noticable difference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Old_Dude said:
Damn! Almost like mine. Maybe I SHOULD have started making them!:D
I was gonna say it looked like yours... maybe the person making/selling them saw yours on this forum... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
644 Posts
heres mine.. did it when i first got the car.... been working on a Cold Air system, just too damn lazy to finish it....lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
nope.......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts