Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

my mom co-signed for my graduation gift. also she put 1,000 down! i cant believe she helped me put money down

its a used caliber , bought with 300 miles on it
lady orderd it. got it. and realized she needed more room
so i got it
5.9 apr
175 a month over 5 years and 5 year warrenty
all upgraded accesories but sun roof. blue interior
came with tint .
more pictures to come
thank you guyz for helping me along to buy this car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
congrats!! hopy you enjoy it as much as i am mine! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
congrats on your purchase!

I hope you enjoy it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Mommy couldn't take the whining anymore, huh? J/K, glad she came
around. Enjoy the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
am i alone in believing that no parent should ever give their kid a free car.... i didn't get one... i bought every vehicle i have ever owned and honestly i feel it has made me work harder... and take better care of anything i own... i donno i'm being opinionated but i also know a lot of the guys and gals involved in this forum have kids.. just curiouse since i might be a father sometime in the near future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
mudstone said:
am i alone in believing that no parent should ever give their kid a free car.... i didn't get one... i bought every vehicle i have ever owned and honestly i feel it has made me work harder... and take better care of anything i own... i donno i'm being opinionated but i also know a lot of the guys and gals involved in this forum have kids.. just curiouse since i might be a father sometime in the near future.
She is making the payments. Mom gave her a grand for the downpayment.
Graduation gift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
yea i guess... not saying in direct refference to this situation.. just i donno some kids get a brand new car for their first...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
mudstone said:
am i alone in believing that no parent should ever give their kid a free car.... i didn't get one... i bought every vehicle i have ever owned and honestly i feel it has made me work harder... and take better care of anything i own... i donno i'm being opinionated but i also know a lot of the guys and gals involved in this forum have kids.. just curiouse since i might be a father sometime in the near future.
Oh I soooo agree....
A brand new car in the hands of an inexperienced driver is not a good thing. Higher cost to insure and higher likelihood of ruining a nice new car. (gee, haven't we been talking about that in another thread!!! :p )

My mom did buy me my first car the summer I graduated from high school (1984) but it was by no means new. It was a 1978 Ford Pinto. She paid $1500 for it.

OK don't laugh. It was actually an awesome car!! It was a grandma's car and came from California. (I lived in Wisconsin then.) She was the only owner, and drove it just twice a week - to church and to the grocery store. It ran great, was fun to drive, and took me thru all 4 yrs of college. I would have kept it longer, but it had dark vinyl seats and no a/c - so as soon as I had a real paycheck, I bought a brand new car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
Heh.... being in a college town (and still college student) it angers me to no end to see sorostitutes driving around large escalades, navigators, beamers, mercedes, etc. that surely their daddy/mommy gave them. The majority drive around like they own the road and/or like complete idiots constantly chatting on the cell phone. Oh Don't forget the overly large nasty sunglasses. Christ... who came up with that trend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
Heh.... being in a college town (and still college student) it angers me to no end to see sorostitutes driving around large escalades, navigators, beamers, mercedes, etc. that surely their daddy/mommy gave them
What?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
87rx7chick said:
my mom co-signed for my graduation gift. also she put 1,000 down! i cant believe she helped me put money down
Congrats on the car and on graduating!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
My folks could have easily afforded to give each of us 4 kids new cars. Instead we worked summers and weekends through school and saved up enough to buy an older car. Folks helped us with some expenses but we had to make payments back to them. To me this teaches kids values rather than learning to expect things to just be given to them. Because the car was our own through our own hard work we tended to take good care of it. I see many kids trash their new cars because if it breaks, no problem, mom and dad will fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
true!!, but let the kid enjoy his car,,, jeje :):D we're not going to turn this forum into a "how to deal with your children forum"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
helsonrm said:
true!!, but let the kid enjoy his car,,, jeje :):D we're not going to turn this forum into a "how to deal with your children forum"
Ok ok!! So I'm jealous cuz I want a free car too!! lol Hmm...can a 45yr old 'KID' still call up mom and dad for a new car since my B-day is next week?
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top