Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my 2007 Caliber SXT now....

I got the windows tinted, put custom wheels on it (American Eagle 025, which fit on the stock tire that comes on the car..215/60 R17), added some Door Sill Guards on the inside (pics also) and a new chrome tag holder that is tinted. :)

Also, on a side note on my first tank of gas I got 26.97 mpg, I just went through another tank and got 27.15 mpg (327.10 miles and put 12.046 gallons of gas in). I have the 2.0L engine. This is a mix of city and highway driving.

Here are the pics:














And for kicks, here is my wife's new vehicle. We love it!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
The caliber looks great with the new wheels and window tint! Thanks for the pics.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Awesome!! I love the white with the tint and your wheels are great. I want the door sill guards too, that will be an option or aftermarket when I get mine. Just needs to be lowered and then we got what most of the Calibers will look like!! Looks like once droken in they will run pretty low 30's for MPG, not bad in my book:cool:

Nice other half too;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Great choice for wheels, I would've gotten em a little bigger, but they still look good. Can't wait for the SRT-4 to come out, so I can get started on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nytmare said:
Great choice for wheels, I would've gotten em a little bigger, but they still look good. Can't wait for the SRT-4 to come out, so I can get started on mine.
Thanks for the props everyone...

I would have rather had larger wheels, probably 18's but I didn't want to shell our more money for tires and the wheels would have been more also, so I just went with what I had.

I am still happy though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
looks tight dude! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Two things I'll never understand are aftermarket wheels that don't look any better than stock, and people who drive Hummers that aren't an H1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dommo_g said:
Two things I'll never understand are aftermarket wheels that don't look any better than stock, and people who drive Hummers that aren't an H1.
Well, let me educate you then.

1. I had to get after market wheels because Dodge does not make a chrome 17" wheel and I had hubcabs before.

2. First, how many people do you know that can spend 150K on an H1? If you can, why are you looking at a Dodge Caliber? The H2 is a gas hog and we love the looks of a Hummer, there is not another SUV that looks like it. THAT'S probably the main reason people buy H3's. They love the looks (and for those that off road they are the best) and who, in middle class America, can drop 150K on a vehicle?

Did that help?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
ghoticov said:
Well, let me educate you then.

1. I had to get after market wheels because Dodge does not make a chrome 17" wheel and I had hubcabs before.

2. First, how many people do you know that can spend 150K on an H1? If you can, why are you looking at a Dodge Caliber? The H2 is a gas hog and we love the looks of a Hummer, there is not another SUV that looks like it. THAT'S probably the main reason people buy H3's. They love the looks (and for those that off road they are the best) and who, in middle class America, can drop 150K on a vehicle?

Did that help?
Don't let him get you all worked up, he seems to be doing that lately.;);) You can ignore any member that you feel, I believe this forum has that option. (I find his posts humerous, and I feel more superior when I find the need not to comment negatively about everything.)

I don't mind the H3's just not my thing I guess, more of a novelty thing.

I like those rims, still.;) Great with the tint!!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Ghoticov really needs to chill, he has been really getting on people's nerves lately.

I agree with Joe. Hummers are cool, just not my thing. (If I was filthy-ass rich and had unlimited gas money, then it'd be a different story. Read: H1 Alpha :D)

The tint and the wheels look killer! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
Ghoticov really needs to chill, he has been really getting on people's nerves lately.

???? Getting names confused ????

Seems like dommo_g comes across abrupt sometimes with opinions, which yes, he has a right to his own opinion. Nothing against anyone on the forum, I respect anyones opinions, even if I don't agree. Just makes me a better car enthusiast to look at both sides of a disagreement!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Ooops, shit sorry, yeah, I meant dommo_g.

Sorry about that confusion.


It always happens to be you that catches my mistakes, doesn't it Joe.. you lil asshat. :D:D


Just messin dude. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Let's not turn this thread into a flame war. I've had my run-ins with dommo, but he can be a cool guy. He is just abrupt, like already stated.

But yeah dude, the wheels look good, nice choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
ghoticov said:
Here are some pics of my 2007 Caliber SXT now....
big snip.........
Both look great in white!!!:cool:Lucky guy, just wondered , do you have the 5 banger in the hummer???If so, what are your impressions of that engine..I am thinking of swapping one into my 53 stude......:cool::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
I prefer OEM stuff (a designer's original intent thing I fret over) but that tint is awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Hi everyone. New member here so here's my input...

I really like the tint. Always seems like the first "mod" everyone does first. I'm not really into chrome so I don't really like the wheels, but that doesn't mean it looks bad, it's just me. Looks actually pretty good overall. Would have gotten white, but thought I'd go for something different this time on my order.

Just out of curiousity do you know what the stock rim weight was vs. your new rim choice? Any difference notice in your driving like the steering wheel feeling heavier or slower performance? Just curious.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
**** guys. I love you's. I spend too much time on the other board where my sense of humor and lack of tact fits right in.



















But I still think H2s and H3s are gay and for someone with LMS. They can't 4 wheel for shit, and the only other reason to buy a H2 is to make everyone think your cool, and the only other reason to buy a H3 is because you can't afford a H2. Not you in particular, but you in general. I wish I had the money for a H1. If my wife would get a ****ing job, I could probably have something better than a Neon and a ****ing Mazda5 and a R1. But when I win the lotto, I'm gonna buy an Escalade and lift it all huge and put some fat meats on it like 35s with a push bar and safari rack and all that shit and it'll be funny to piss off all the homies. "Shoot bro, you choulda put 24s on that shit yo. You're stoopid."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Xtreme Thunder said:
Don't let him get you all worked up, he seems to be doing that lately.;);) You can ignore any member that you feel, I believe this forum has that option. (I find his posts humerous, and I feel more superior when I find the need not to comment negatively about everything.)

I don't mind the H3's just not my thing I guess, more of a novelty thing.

I like those rims, still.;) Great with the tint!!:cool:
LOL I didn't get worked up at all. I have never been one to care what someone else thinks of what I do and the decisions I make. :)

You are right, I do believe the H3's are a novelty thing. They are new and are affordable. People that love Hummers but either can't afford an H2 or don't want to because of the gas mileage atleast have an affordable option with decent gas mileage (for an SUV).

It's all good here...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dommo_g said:
**** guys. I love you's. I spend too much time on the other board where my sense of humor and lack of tact fits right in.



















But I still think H2s and H3s are gay and for someone with LMS. They can't 4 wheel for shit, and the only other reason to buy a H2 is to make everyone think your cool, and the only other reason to buy a H3 is because you can't afford a H2. Not you in particular, but you in general. I wish I had the money for a H1. If my wife would get a ****ing job, I could probably have something better than a Neon and a ****ing Mazda5 and a R1. But when I win the lotto, I'm gonna buy an Escalade and lift it all huge and put some fat meats on it like 35s with a push bar and safari rack and all that shit and it'll be funny to piss off all the homies. "Shoot bro, you choulda put 24s on that shit yo. You're stoopid."
Believe it or not, not everyone that drives a Hummer (H2 or H3) drives it because they think it makes people think they are cool. Are there some? Sure, but that goes with ANY vehicle.

I bought it because we love the looks of a Hummer. I can't afford an H1 and don't want the gas mileage of an H2 so our best choice was an H3 and we love it. They are in the same price range as all the other mid size SUV's (Pathfinder, 4runner, Commander/Cherokee, etc).

So, think as you wish but sweeping generalizations only scream ignorance.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top