Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it yesterday :D got tired of waiting on my steel blue one to come in. The dealership I was going through told me that it would be another month on the SB one, so I drove over to GA and found this one and Loved it.

*2007 Caliber SXT, Inferno Red*
- CVTII transmission w/ 2.0 engine
- Light Tan interior
- Satallite Radio
- Cruise Control
- 17" wheels/wheel covers

and lots of other little things, oh yeah...POWER OPTIONS :D Ive never had those before. I guess I am proudest because I picked it out on my own, test drove it alone, did all the paperwork w/out parents or anyone helping me and I got it financed on my own and for not too bad of a price either....anyways...here are the pics! not the best, because the weather sucks. This color is hard to get a good shot of. Much more impressive in person.

and a closer shot of the metallics in the paint and stuff...since its so hard to see the real color on camera

edit: MODS: I also need a new username, or can you change mine? I thought I was getting a steel blue :( I dont know what i want to change it to yet, but Ill let you know. That is, if you can change it??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. It's been said previously, but it sure is a BIG step to go it alone, sealing the deal without any hand-holding. Good job!

Tyke

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys :) and for the record, I am a girl :)

I have been driving it everywhere, and I love it so much...def. worth the money and everything :) im very happy w/ it

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pull that decal thing they threw onto it. Unless they gave you some crazy good deal contingent on you keeping it on there, I wouldn't advertise for them for free. Especially not on a new high demand car like the caliber.

Make them do you a favor to keep it on.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Congratulations SteelBlueFTW! Great color.

Amandyke said:
Pull that decal thing they threw onto it.
That's what I always do. I tell them that if they give me several hundreds more off of the price I'll leave it on... and they always look at me like I just spoke a foreign language to them:p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whoo hooo! Congrats! Add another name to the list of owners...haha.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Amandyke said:
Pull that decal thing they threw onto it. Unless they gave you some crazy good deal contingent on you keeping it on there, I wouldn't advertise for them for free. Especially not on a new high demand car like the caliber.

I will have to try and do that with my next vehicle purchase...probably a Caliber!!:D:p I can't wait just to do that and see their reactions!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amandyke said:

Oh its coming off as soon as I get a free minute. Probably wednesday if the weather is still nice. I hate decals on paint.

·
Registered
171 Posts
if its just a sticker goo gone will work great if its one of them dealer emblem things take a heat gun warm it up and then take one of them bondo spreaders and the thing will peel right off. Then to get the rest of the 3m off use goo gone.

Yeah that is the first thing I do when I get a new car I go home and take all thier dealer crap off. I did the same thing said I aint advertising for free and they look at me like I am the stupidest person in the world for telling them to take thier STICKERS off. They never do so thats why I take them off once I get home!

CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR NEW CAR!!! THE CALIBER WAS MY WIFES FIRST BRAND NEW CAR ALSO THAT SHE GOT ALL BY HERSELF SO I KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU ARE!!! WE WENT TO EVERYONES HOUSE SO WE COULD SHOW THEM HER CAR!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I took it off yesterday. Finally got some time to do it between work and all. It peeled right off. It did make me mad though, because I scratched the clear a little in one small spot. :( I used some scratch remover though and you cant even tell.

I got all the gooey stuff off and it looks soo much better w/out the dealer stuff. Now I just need to get my real tags on it. I am leaving the front bracket off though. Thank goodness SC does not have front plate laws!

·
Banned
400 Posts
SteelBlueFTW said:
Thanks for all the compliments guys :) and for the record, I am a girl :)

I have been driving it everywhere, and I love it so much...def. worth the money and everything :) im very happy w/ it
Make sure to go to the "Prices you paid" thread, and post the out of door cost. We need to know what some of these dealers are doing in terms of markups/markdowns!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Sweetie: Congrats on the new car. Awesome experience. I'm 50 years old, female Harley rider and just ordered my very first new car. Same color. Problem is, I have to wait 12 to 16 weeks for mine! Looking forward to it. See, we can be female, independent and owners of an awesome red car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts