Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Halo projectors from "Atomic Car Parts", a seller on Amazon, and they are trash. When I installed them, they didn't fir properly and some of the LEDs were blown out. The drivers side light almost fit but had the broken leds, the passenger side fits like a glove on a foot. There was a 1/2 gap on the fender and bumper sides and a 1 inch gap on the grill side. I spent a few hours putzing around and got it to fit a little better, but broke the little white stabilizer clip thing that holds the light when the screws are out.
I had to take it to the dealership to to have some body damage repaired and they told me they would replace the clip (give me a new one). Instead, this is what they did::twak: :nono:

In case you cant tell, they just glued the broke piece with what looks like Liquid Nails. The also lost a bunch of screws and those black plug-clips. They did manage to make the light fit a little better, but they shaved down the stem that attaches to the white clip. So, now I cant return them.

I managed to get them to fit a little better still. Also, the light beams are retarded. The lows have a flat cut off at the top of the beam, I attached some pics to show what I am talking about. I figure I need to just cut my losses and buy new ones if I want them to. Can anyone recommend a good, trusted and reputable online store where I can get some lights of quality?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Those are awsome looking head lights... Are they new? Or used? Your dims look good, byut the bright look a little off... And for the gap, shouldn't there be like a rubber seal that goes around it?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
omg, what a bunch of trash. this is the reason i never bought or intend to buy these types of lights.

i would buy that projector retro kit like egk bought for $90. no drilling or anything needed. just open up the lense, place projector into stock bulb hole, tighten lock nut, adjust, reseal lense and re install stock light. fits like stock (because it is) and its a projector for half the price of those cheezy ebay things. plus you can chose to black out the lights if you want. no tacky led's, you can find them with and without halos. its just a better setup and its less money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are awsome looking head lights... Are they new? Or used? Your dims look good, byut the bright look a little off... And for the gap, shouldn't there be like a rubber seal that goes around it?
They were supposed to be new, but I'm not sure if that was true. There are a lot of little differences between the left and right lights, which is annoying. As for the high beams, after trying to adjust them for a while, and getting nowhere, I looked a little closer and realized that 2 of the adjustment screws had popped out of the bracket things. I have to take out the light completely and try to find a way to lock the pieces back together. Otherwise, they will remain off kilter.

It looks like there should be a rubber seal, but nothing like that came with the lights. Im going to take a look at the stocks and see if I can there is one that I can steal to fix the aftermarkets.

Thanks for the tip, I'll let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the low beams supposed to cut off like that? It seems odd that the light just stops like that, any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
just get some modern black housings and retrofit some projectors.....that is literally the most quality u will get out of any available headlights.

all these egay projectors lick the kak.

·
Registered
602 Posts
if u get the MPx headlights, make sure u seal them where the lens meets the housing!!! mine fogged up and i had to take them back off and seal them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What exactly defines "ebay" lights? Does that refer to lights specifically bought off ebay, or any online source?

Im really just looking for an online store where I can buy items for the car without worrying about the quality, or whether I'm going to get ripped off. Im not looking for a headlight specific shop, just a general reputable site.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Those lights are terrible. I cant believe anyone would keep them on the car. The lights look like like a couple of mag lights taped to the front. How much do you want to spend on lights? If you buy projector headlights they are going to be garbage. The people who make them use awful projectors, so in turn the output is going to be ****. I would personally buy the black housing from modern and retro in real hid projectors. Its going to cost you some money, but the results are worth it. Not only for looks, but the output will be the same as the car the projectors were pulled from.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the advice. I dont know if you missed the title of this thread, but if you had you would know that I do not need to be told that my lights suck. I was not looking for your opinion Remax, i was asking for the name/site of a store where I could purchase something else. If i wanted to retrofit a set of lights I would, but i dont have to time of the money to **** around with that now. Beside Highbred already recommended a retofit, but I guess you missed that too. I am not pissed by your advice, rather, your tone and elitist attitude are an obvious attempt to insult me and anyone who owns a set of lights alike. Thank you so much for trying to help though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thank you for the advice. I dont know if you missed the title of this thread, but if you had you would know that I do not need to be told that my lights suck. I was not looking for your opinion Remax, i was asking for the name/site of a store where I could purchase something else. If i wanted to retrofit a set of lights I would, but i dont have to time of the money to **** around with that now. Beside Highbred already recommended a retofit, but I guess you missed that too. I am not pissed by your advice, rather, your tone and elitist attitude are an obvious attempt to insult me and anyone who owns a set of lights alike. Thank you so much for trying to help though.
I didnt realize you could hear my tone over the internet? Did I leave my webcam on? Wait I dont have a webcam....

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
i have the same one's but i ordered from ebay it came with hid kit and has worked perfect beside a little condensation but i fixed that so.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
ive got a set like that.. and another set with more chrome. one has HID in it.. and my buddy hooked em up to his and said it was messing with his interior electronics.

I havent bothered to try any of them out because I am to lazy to take off my bumper lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
ive got a set like that.. and another set with more chrome. one has HID in it.. and my buddy hooked em up to his and said it was messing with his interior electronics.

I havent bothered to try any of them out because I am to lazy to take off my bumper lol
Dude it takes 10 minutes tops. I'd offer to come take the thing off for ya, but I know you're busy with your other two cars :stickpoke: :jester:

·
Registered
31 Posts
omg, what a bunch of trash. this is the reason i never bought or intend to buy these types of lights.

i would buy that projector retro kit like egk bought for $90. no drilling or anything needed. just open up the lense, place projector into stock bulb hole, tighten lock nut, adjust, reseal lense and re install stock light. fits like stock (because it is) and its a projector for half the price of those cheezy ebay things. plus you can chose to black out the lights if you want. no tacky led's, you can find them with and without halos. its just a better setup and its less money.
Where do you buy this kit?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yall dont even want to know what happened when I plugged in a set of these I have that came with HIDs... oh lord did my buddys CSRT go NUTS.

my second "chromed out" set is too blingy for me to put in unless I pop em open and paint em.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts