Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I love the sound and the hp gain is around 8hp!

·
Registered
129 Posts
WOW...I like that alot.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
looks too much like a fart can to me

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its not a fart can ! its a performance muffler , the sound is awsome, the performance is awsome, not loud, sounds great, has no weed eater sound at all or it would not be on car believe me! I think it looks better than the big old radiator muffler that Dodge put on!

·
Registered
644 Posts
OBX usually does pretty well... did you do it from the cat back and take out all the resinators and such? or only pipes and muffler?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just the pipe's for now, still got resitors

·
Registered
153 Posts
RadrussRT said:
I love the sound and the hp gain is around 8hp!

How do you know H.P. gain is around 8 H.P. Did you dyno it? Can you post up a dyno or has OBX dyno'd one of these yet.

A sound clip would be awesome.

And why does everybody have to put an "R" logo on their products?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it was put on a Dyno, at my buddies race shop, he is supose to get me a copie of it, as for the sound clip , the top pic is a sound clip just click on it .:D
Im going to get a better one later ,going down the road

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks RadrussRT, Definately sounds louder than stock. Do you notice a difference inside the car?

8 H.P. is a good gain at the wheels especially on an AWD.

Is the 8 H.P. only the muffler, or your Performance Air Filter as well?

Later

Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds very good.How much is something like this and also how easy to install?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the performance airfilter probally helps too!, it was on when Dyno, also it is noticeble when the windows are up, Turn the radio up you don't notice to bad
not like a noise that hurts ears .but if you look under all the plastic panneling in the hatch, their is nothing but bare metal, no insulation, except under spare tire, So I have order Sound def. insulation and waiting on it to come in
and will do the whole rear of car, plus it will help with Sound system too

But the sound is there! but not bad , My wife Does'nt complain at all, and if it was too loud she be the first to tell me ! Kids don't complain either,
Just has that good performance sound going down the road, Like a good sounding Camaro or Mustang ! just not the rumbble of a V8

·
Registered
129 Posts
It sounds good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JLM 3 said:
Sounds very good.How much is something like this and also how easy to install?
Go to any muffler shop that bends pipe, Cut the old off add a little pipe
and have weld on , its a 2.5 inlet with a 4inch outlet, I have seen them on Ebay , I got mine from my buddies shop who installed, He owed me a favor
but he charges like $50 to install other people, wich most muffler shops around here charge, Just go to a place thats knows what thery are doing, not any mom and pop shop.

The muffler cost $150.00 -200.00 Ive seen on Websites its universal , But i have seen them on Ebay for like $60
and You may find it for cheaper! just look around
its a OBX Brand made in USA Universal 2.5 inlet and 4 inch out let

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
RadrussRT said:
Yes it was put on a Dyno, at my buddies race shop, he is supose to get me a copie of it, as for the sound clip , the top pic is a sound clip just click on it .:D
Im going to get a better one later ,going down the road
Was that like that the whole time???:D:cool::eek::eek::p

I think it sounds pretty good!

When you get around to it, I would like to hear it "driving by" and really getting on it, that is the test if it sounds, dare I say, "ricey" or not.

Not bad at all!:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Was that like that the whole time???:D:cool::eek::eek::p

I think it sounds pretty good!

When you get around to it, I would like to hear it "driving by" and really getting on it, that is the test if it sounds, dare I say, "ricey" or not.

Not bad at all!:)
Will do , I plan on doing that this weekend , and will post for you all to hear:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just ordered the one tupmeier found and hoping with my air intake I get the much needed 8 hp that RadrussRT mentioned.Just have to find someone to install it but I think there is a Midas down the street from were I work so I can leave it and pick it up at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts