Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the way to work today I hear this funny rattling noise coming from the back. (I hate rattles, squeaks and whistles). So I turned down the tunage and cannot find where the darned rattle is coming from. So I was like, just turn up the music, ignore it, find it when you get to work.

So I turn up the music and then the rattle gets pretty loud. So I used my handy dandy little tire pressure guage in my dash and I see my tire pressure drop from 34 to 31, then 26 and it starts to ding at me, then 18 and then 11 and I finally get pulled over at 4lbs. I couldn't pull over because I was right in the middle of the I-380 & I-80 interchange.

So I'm on the edge of the interstate, in my pretty little black heels and bright pink poncho changing my friggin tire. And can you believe that not one person stopped to help me? What a rip!

Anyway, to make a long story short. There was a gaping hole in my tire. I took it to the tire shop and started to look at my other tires because they seemed a bit low as well. Well, wouldn't you know it....there is a screw in my driver's side front tire as well. Both tires on the drivers side with flippin holes in them!!!!

I have to make a police report as now we are thinking that the damage to my car last Friday and now the screws are vandelism. What a crock.

Ohh and I broke off the mirror on my SRT4 yesterday pulling out of the garage. My husband moved the snow auger and didn't put it all the way back. This is just not my week. Can I cry now or is that too girly?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhh....... that is bad stuff. I'd take those a**hole vandals behind the gas station and slap them around, that's for sure.

Your husband, well, I'll let YOU do that.

And crying isn't too girl! Jeez, grown men woud cry over that..... that is if they are real men and not just male wannabes - you know - the "macho" type!!!

I'm sorry to hear about that, my dear!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
GregoriusM said:
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhh....... that is bad stuff. I'd take those a**hole vandals behind the gas station and slap them around, that's for sure.

Your husband, well, I'll let YOU do that.

And crying isn't too girl! Jeez, grown men woud cry over that..... that is if they are real men and not just male wannabes - you know - the "macho" type!!!

I'm sorry to hear about that, my dear!!!
Oh yah, it's super macho to cry about breaking your mirror. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty hot about it. We are installing a new alarm sysmtem with cameras in the car. I'll catch them... I promise. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow sounds like you're having a bad-car-day. Sorry to hear of your suffrage.

It sounds like vandalism to me too. I mean usually door dings that deep only happen when there's a strong wind that catches the door and smashes it into the other car. ...or they simply swing it so hard... deliberately. And both front tires have screws in them:confused: :confused: :confused: Hope the perps get busted.

I'm worried that my wife is going to break off one of our mirrors too... she kept hitting the side of the garage with the mirrors of our last car, but they were break-aways. I don't understand why the Caliber doesn't have them... well I do understand but still, it should have them.

And shame on nobody helping you change the tire!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I think someone is vandelising your car, so sad that someone would do that:(

Let us all kow if do catch that perp aka efffin' a-hole!

Good luck on all the fixes, that came WAY too early in its life.

·
Registered
171 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
I'm pretty hot
yes you are!!! :)

that happened to me I was wearing my 10 inch heals with a nice pink dress got a flat and no one pulled over to help me, I could just see them staring at me for some strange reason like they never seen a guy in a pink dress jeeeeezzzzzz!!! :D

But serious that sucks, I have a 2001 saturn I was at work backing out and didnt see the GIANT CONCRETE PILLAR and ripped my passnger mirror right off!!! Pissed me off!!

Also got a flat once and forgot that I took the jack out the day before when I decided to clean the whole car, yeah that sucked I didnt have a jack it was raining and I didnt have my freakin cell phone I waited on the highway with my hazards on for 4hrs, I counted as 5 state troopers passed and none stopped!!!! Finally the VDOT came by and let me use his jack!

Get those bastards that screwed up your car!!! May them pay double for pain and suffering!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh man that is so awful Tiff! I would cry, not just about the car and all the problems but also that someone has it out for me that much! Also, that is really dangerous about your tires, you could have lost control of the car! If that asshat gets caught, he should get in trouble for endangering your life in addition to the mischief!
Sorry you have to deal with this. Let us know if you catch him!

·
Registered
746 Posts
in canada i think they could be charged with wreckless endangerment and potentially assault with a deadly... you'd have to work at that last one but i think it could stick... those charges could get ya ten years...

really sorry to hear all that crap is happening to you. it's hard to enjoy a new car when someone is jealous enough to sabotage you.

and damn you lukeiniva beat me to the punch on all joke accounts up there... curse you people for getting up earlier than i!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Installing camera INSIDE the car? You have to give me the specs on those. I've been looking for cameras that I can use in my car. Especially for club road trips.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That sucks Tiff! I hope you catch the goddamn vandals..:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts