Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the box is temp. until i get a new amp and then a custom enclosure is going in and some other pics of the car at the golf course.

whatchall think???:D :D :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
is the box sealed or ported? If ported it seems like that box is way undersized for 2 12" subs. But seeing as your making your own box I'm sure you'll get the proportions right.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh no it's sealed...right at 1.2 cub. which is a little big for these subs but it was a free box and it sounds good. i am trying to get my hands on either a w7, but a friend of mine can get a heck of a deal on some mtx subs at wholesale. somthing like 32$ a piece...still trying to get part #'s from him to see which model it is, but it would be sweet to do something like 4 12's in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cool: :confused: ;) :p :mad: :D 79 looks and no - wow that looks freakin awsome....must sound really good....good job on the prefab box.....notta nothing...........................................................................i guess i'll pat my own back.:( :) :D :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
honestly you have some elemental design subs i would stay with those instead of going jl or mtx.. but depending on the mtx model i would choose that if the price is right.. nice setup .. what amps ar eyou running?

·
Registered
414 Posts
It looks like any other after market sub install that takes away useable space.

Form and function go along way with me. That is why we went with the Musicgate system. I cannot haul Golf Clubs, Luggage, Groceries, etc, with something like that.

But, OK, looks good if that is what you are going after.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya it does take up space but not as much as it looks like....i got about 25 grocery bags back there with no issues at all. oh and the last trip to K.C. we took we had no problem getting our suit cases in the back. But my wife keep busting my balls about it so i really need to hurry and build the box in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
p-nut said:
honestly you have some elemental design subs i would stay with those instead of going jl or mtx..
I see Image Dynamics subs.... not ED's... but I still agree, Image Dynamics makes some great sounding subs...

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's kinda what I thought... Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really...i thought it was made by image...anyway i am sticking to the id's for now.

So chris do you have any reps in arkanasa? if not I may be interested...PM me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not positive, but I don't think they have any reps anywhere... just people like myself who genuinely like all their products and services and try to spread the word.... I personally recommend ED to anyone asking about a great sounding system.... why?? Because for the performance to dollar, ED is the best... sure there are better products out there but when you bring cost into it, ED takes the cake IMO...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a thought. I'm thinking of going the aftermarket route as well with a single din radio. But I think I'm going to get the REC bezel which is standard 2 DIN. I think it will look better than a plate in the standard dash which still shows the cutouts for the dodge tuner nobs. And I get a larger in dash storage bin in the cut out.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could be wrong but I believe that that is still din and 1/2.... seeing as others have swapped nav units into the caliber from other chrysler cars... I could be wrong but if memory severs me correctly it's a din and 1/2 opening.... can anyone confirm that please?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yes it is 2 din. Quite a bit larger than the din 1/2 standard radio and 6 disk.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Some Subs i want to get my hands on are Resonant Engineerings, or the old Adire Brahma's, what are some of your favorite sub brands out there that not many people have heard of?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Image dynamics / kole / and OZ of the top of my head that many prob have never heard of.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts