Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of fun and games at the dealership yesterday, when I was told that the SatNav hadn't arrived and it could be a couple of weeks wait I finally picked my Caliber up this evening :D

I'll be posting some photos shortly - I'm going out for a drive again!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: My UK Spec Caliber Has Arrived!!

Stephen congrats I to wait for a month how many squids did it cost?
if you don't mind me asking?
Also what colour?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi ClipperJay :)

I paid £13,930 for my 2.0L SXT CVT Sport, plus I've got chrome door entry guards and SatNav (well, eventually) fitted for free, +£250 for Red but I got a great trade-in for my Peugeot 307 which was well in excess of what I thought it was worth.

I hope that wait for yours isn't too long and that you'll be out enjoying your new Caliber in the very near future :D

I've posted some photos here:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744

·
Registered
371 Posts

Beautiful! That's the first rear cargo mat I've seen like that. Was that an option? It is really strange to see the steering wheel on the WRONG side.;) Good luck to ya, and Congrats!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeah Fitz, it was an extra - I paid £50 ($90) for it but it's well worth it for me as I carry quite a bit of equipment round for my job and I didn't want it to scratch the cargo bay :)

I thought people might like to see the steering wheel on the right hand side :D

·
Registered
62 Posts

StephenM UK said:
Hi ClipperJay :)

I paid £13,930 for my 2.0L SXT CVT Sport, plus I've got chrome door entry guards and SatNav (well, eventually) fitted for free, +£250 for Red but I got a great trade-in for my Peugeot 307 which was well in excess of what I thought it was worth.

I hope that wait for yours isn't too long and that you'll be out enjoying your new Caliber in the very near future :D

I've posted some photos here:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744
Stephen what can I say mate its the nuts, now the price are you sure thats what was the total was mate? becuase I want to go to your dealer if you can Private Mail me details mate, becuase I'm paying £14,000 just for the diesel SXT no sat nav or door seals or speaker packages:( So just tell me a contact name and number please dude!:) But nice car with the steering wheel the wrong side;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: My UK Spec Caliber!!

very nice..... not only did they put the steering wheel and a few other things on the wrong side ;) you also got three headrests??? Does that cause any problems when looking our the rear view mirror?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Re: My UK Spec Caliber!!

very nice and congrat to you enjoy and have fune ,i personly never seen myself being that grazy about a car ,but hay at least i'am not alone :D .cheers thomas

·
Registered
901 Posts

Fitz said:
Beautiful! That's the first rear cargo mat I've seen like that. Was that an option? It is really strange to see the steering wheel on the WRONG side.;) Good luck to ya, and Congrats!
ohhh I want one of those cargo mats too!!! (It will match nicely with the slush floor mats that also say "Caliber".) I haven't seen this in the US yet. Is it from the dealer, as in, a Mopar part??

Definitely different seeing the steering wheel on the "other" side. Thanks for sharing! Certainly not something we are used to seeing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would take it back and have them fix the steering wheel under warranty, that is on the wrong side. :eek: :D

Congrats, hope you enjoy it, let us know all your reactions to the car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry Jay, the SatNav wasn't included in that price - Oops!!

The price difference between yours and mine is that I've gone for petrol and yours is diesel. The 2.0L SXT Diesel is £15,295 and the SE is £13,990 from my dealer - Horsham Car Centre - (01403 272747), but is that what you've paid? I have no idea why that engine is so much more expensive though??

I think that the Sport version has the Musicgate speakers as standard and is £15,430, but all the spending soon adds up :rolleyes:

Mistermario, that 3 headrest is a bit of a pain and could well be removed at the weekend.

As for the rubber cargo tray, it's in the UK accessories list that states that they're all Genuine Dodge Accessories. The part number is 82210523 here, I hope you can purchase it over there :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to see that you got your Caliber Stephen, she looks realy nice. Keep posting on how you are getting along with it.

And the steering wheel is on the right side ;) and mine had better be in the same place too ! :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, although I keep finding out more about it as I go along!!

The autodimmer on the rearview mirror is great and the MP3 player is so good I probably won't bother with the iPod adapter. I've got 8 CD's burnt onto a disk and if I have one in each of the 6 slots that's 48 albums or over 500 different tracks :D

The CVT is great and so much better than I'd heard about?? Lackluster engine?? I don't think so!!

I'm up to 130 miles now so I can nearly boot it!!

Plus is it a headturner?? Too right :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
StephenM UK said:
Thanks, although I keep finding out more about it as I go along!!.....

.....The CVT is great and so much better than I'd heard about?? Lackluster engine?? I don't think so!!

I'm up to 130 miles now so I can nearly boot it!!

Plus is it a headturner?? Too right :D
I read all those reviews too, " no guts - underpowered - awful - dont buy - poor drive " etc, etc, etc. I determined from the test drive that these reviews are all BS from journalists who are probably on "backhanders" from competitor car companies who can see the Caliber steeling their customers !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats Stephen!! Looks fantastic! I almost wish I got the red now, but I took what the dealer had in the showroom :)

Don't want to change the subject too much, but we got back from a short holiday down south and the Cali ran beautifully! Seems to have gotten better on acceleration with a little breaking in. Tons of people rubbernecking on the motorway, trying to get a good look! Was very satisfying being the only one on the road :D !!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks :) I've never had a car that people stare at before and it's quite a strange feeling. I've just filled up for the first time and 2 young lads came over and started to examine the car and looked very impressed :D

So, how many miles have you done now? I've noticed it's quite thirsty at the moment, the guage says 31 MPG but I would think it was less than that?? And the acceleration improves!! I thought it was pretty good anyway so that's great news!!

As for colour?? Well, I wanted black at first so I ordered that and then I changed my mind - Now I just think that the Caliber looks amazing in any of the colours!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
It looks to me from the pictures that the raised lip around the mat would would cause problems to fold the back seats down flat and have a smooth flat surface. I bought the Mopar carpeted cargo mat which does not have the raised sides.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts