Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Caliber SRT4 will be at the Detroit Autoshow this year? If so, we need to seriously get over there and take 300 million pictures of the damn thing, inside and out!

I live right across the river in Windsor so i'll be heading over there in the near future with my Canon 6mp 12x optical zoom camera :D .

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ironside said:
Does anyone know if the Caliber SRT4 will be at the Detroit Autoshow this year? If so, we need to seriously get over there and take 300 million pictures of the damn thing, inside and out!

I live right across the river in Windsor so i'll be heading over there in the near future with my Canon 6mp 12x optical zoom camera :D .
hey listen a friend of mine from the german caliber forum is coming over on the 20 to see the autoshow and i will come to windsor to meed him after ,i cant go myself because my passport is expired and i will not be able to get a new one that fast but he will go to the show and comes over with the bus and we meed at 1700 hours at casina windsor main entry ,i dont know maby your intrested to join us after,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
http://www.naias.com/SubPage.aspx?id=506 has dodge down for 4 introductions, so far i have seen the minivan, the viper and the avenger... did i miss any other dodge introductions that have already happened?

http://www.srtblog.com/index.php/2007/rumors-flourish-as-naias-draws-near/ srt blog says - The next point of discussion is not a concept or rumor, but there is just as much curiosity with the future of the Dodge Caliber SRT-4. DCX has been fairly tight-lipped about when this new sport compact will finally hit the streets, as the car has not been officially debuted. There have been rumors that Dodge is having with the Caliber chassis handling the power output stated in the press information as there is evidently a great deal of wheel hop, but again, those are only rumors.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Chrysler Nassau, 4 door Hatchback same size as the 300C.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ah it would be the challenger... so that is the 4 for dodge, sounds like it might be the chicago show then which is where the caliber was first introduced... given we haven't heard or seen i doubt it is in detroit at this point

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just the Nassau and a slightly redesigned Magnum SRT8 at Detroit. No sign of the SRT4, at least in the media.
</

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They already 'debuted' the Caliber SRT in Chicago though didn't they? Why would they officially debut it again?

I was just hoping for it to be AT the show but as more time goes on and with all the press coverage in my area on tv, nobody has mentioned it.

What is the freakin DEAL with this car? Why has Dodge forgotten it so quickly?! Is it even going to be released???

WTF

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ironside said:
They already 'debuted' the Caliber SRT in Chicago though didn't they? Why would they officially debut it again?

I was just hoping for it to be AT the show but as more time goes on and with all the press coverage in my area on tv, nobody has mentioned it.

What is the freakin DEAL with this car? Why has Dodge forgotten it so quickly?! Is it even going to be released???

WTF
I feel your frustration... they showed the concept car last year, the car companies would then typically debut the production version a second time and i highly doubt they'll use the toronto show, so if it isn't detroit and it isn't chicago when is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Funny.... but i feel the same way. We been waiting for almost a year and now that we are so close there is still not a word about the SRT CALIBER. In my opinion Dodge has done a terrible job keeping fans updated. An example is the SRT website, it hasnt been updated for a long long time!. I think is normal to be so desperate since we are so close, but lets not freak out, so far still an early spring realease so lets keep the hopes up!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went today & there was not a Caliber SRT-4 there. Dodge also did not have a Challenger or the 2008 Magnum SRT-8. I think the Magnum release was just for the media. I was really hoping to see the SRT-4 though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
juiceman said:
I went today & there was not a Caliber SRT-4 there. Dodge also did not have a Challenger or the 2008 Magnum SRT-8. I think the Magnum release was just for the media. I was really hoping to see the SRT-4 though.
that just sucked all my hopes lol, oh well

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, i heard the same thing from some people that went over to the NAIAS. They said to not even waste your $12 US. (if you're a Dodge fan anyway...) there was nothing special.

Apparently there weren't even that many SRT model ANYTHINGS there, only a small handfull.

I think i'm going to skip this years show... :mad:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
juiceman said:
Wow, they had the Challenger at the San Diego Auto Show which is nothing in comparison to the NAIAS as far as models on display. They also had every SRT vehicle there except the Caliber. They had a coule Caliber R/Ts. One FWD, onr AWD, and a couple SXTs, but not much else.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ironside said:
Yeah, i heard the same thing from some people that went over to the NAIAS. They said to not even waste your $12 US. (if you're a Dodge fan anyway...) there was nothing special.

Apparently there weren't even that many SRT model ANYTHINGS there, only a small handfull.

I think i'm going to skip this years show... :mad:
new york is where it is at, in april they have it listed (srt4)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if Dodge is maybe reconsidering the idea of debuting the Caliber with the SRT moniker. After all, it seems a lot of people (obviously not on here) hate the way the Caliber looks and don't think it will live up to the SRT name like the Neon did. With all the talk of the new Caliber motor maxed out from the factory and a new ECU that's controlling of everything and the problems with wheelhop, maybe they'll scratch the idea for now and maybe think of something else to put it on. That's just my .02, btw. I'll say this now though, I certainly will not be getting one of the first year models because I know Dodge will somehow find a way to **** things up and make the next year model better.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts