Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Heck no, that's crazy!

Votes: 6 25.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I am wasting time but humor me, I don't have my Caliber yet and I need to pass the time somehow while I dream about it! :p

Has anyone named their Caliber? What is the name you picked?

Will you name it when you get it? If so, what will it be?

I think I'm going to name mine Joli Bleu. It means Pretty Blue in French! :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've named my current car, so chances are I'd name the Caliber too. It's a little weird I guess. :)

I currenty drive "Death Car", named so due to it's lack of saftey features. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just call it "Caliber"... I'm more platonic when it comes to cars and stuff. I'm more focused on the form, function and design of things to humanize them... ans that would freek me out anyways:p

·
Registered
746 Posts
ive already named mine... i've called it the .50 CAL... i posted about it somewhere... can't remember where... but it's a big friggin sniper rifle anyway... it was one of my favorite guns to use while playing rainbowsix3

·
Registered
311 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Has anyone named their Caliber?
Nah, I haven't thought much of doing that. Maybe I'll challenge my son...we'll see.

I had a 69 Chevy Nova that had been given the name Gray-Ghost by a family member. I liked it and referred to it by that name. We'll see how my family generates a name for it and maybe I'll use it.

Tyke

·
Registered
321 Posts
The Caliber's name was Silver Shadow.

The Taurus' name is Golden Gryphon.

No, I don't remember where I came up with the names. Every car I've owned has had one. :D I've always treated cars like ships...naming them is good luck.

1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si: Flame Red Deathtrap (The Deathtrap)
1993 Toyota Camry V6 LE: Crimson Cruiser (The Cruiser)
1998 Dodge Neon Highline Sport: Blue Demon (The Demon)
2004 Dodge Neon SXT: Blue Fox (The Fox)
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT: Silver Shadow (The Shadow)
2006 Ford Taurus SE: Golden Gryphon (The Gryphon)

;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I always thought naming cars was retarded, however, Silverfox's comment likening it to naming a ship makes good sense. I'll have to ponder this...

Just what I need...another thing to think about. Thanks Katie...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great names!

Haha, you're welcome clockmaker! You're right, it's silly but fun. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Somewhere on these boards I saw "MiniMag" which seems to refer to the resembelence (sp?) of a squished magnum. Seems fitting to me, but I'd rather not steal someone else's name. Does anyone else see a likeness? I know its mostly dodge styling, and I think thats one reason I like the car so much. Magnum's are a bit large for my personal taste.

·
Registered
901 Posts
bruisey said:
Somewhere on these boards I saw "MiniMag" which seems to refer to the resembelence (sp?) of a squished magnum. Seems fitting to me, but I'd rather not steal someone else's name. Does anyone else see a likeness? I know its mostly dodge styling, and I think thats one reason I like the car so much. Magnum's are a bit large for my personal taste.
I tell people the front half the car has the Ram truck styling, and the back half the car (thinking of the roofline) is similar to the Pacifica.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I say Caliber..:D

Wish I had a car to name...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Silverfox said:
I think they look more like mini-Durangos, personally. ;)
They look like a cross between the Pacifica and the Durango.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaah, that's it! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Back about 15 years ago I had a 1980 Blue Caravelle Stationwagon that my friends used to call it the "Blue Wag-goon" cause it was pretty big and bulky. I guess my friends are going to call it my "Wagoon" again, so I may stick with that.

LOL seeing as my car is going to be black I'll wind up being know as:"The Creature from the Black Wagoon!":eek:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha....that's a good one! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've given in and named my Caliber. I call it the Bruiser, it's black with the blue sport appearance interior package. I've actually thought about powdercoating the brake calipers blue to match the interior panels, just to tie it all together inside and out... also thought about making a blue "Kit light" going back and forth somewhere in the grill...like the red light in the grill of the firebird in the old Knight Rider show in the 80's....but that would be overdoing it, don't ya think?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts