1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my bezel and radio support
Now i can do my nav/uconnect install writeups

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks sweet, I'm thinking of buying a Nav system, but i have a question if I get that nav system you installed do I have to get a different bezel?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
wanster1013 said:
Looks sweet, I'm thinking of buying a Nav system, but i have a question if I get that nav system you installed do I have to get a different bezel?:confused:
Yes, you will need the new bezel! Not sure if it automatically comes with it or not.

Looks good man!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey fingernipp! what' s it gonna cost me to hire you to help me do all the stuff you are doing to your Caliber to mine........LOL. I'm jealous, You got u-connect and nav now. Cant wait to see the write -ups about the install.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are actually pretty easy installs. I built my uconnect harness from scratch though and took a bit of time and effort but the LX harness can be used with just minor mods. Everything just basically plugs in and works.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The REC Nav stereo runs $1500+ new from a dealer and does not come with the needed Bezel. A new pull from a new model Dodge or Chrylser can be bought off Ebay for $500-$1000. The needed GPS antenna and DVD may or maynot come with those depending on seller.

The Bezel and required mounting bracket can be purchased through United Radio much cheaper than elsewhere. The part numbers in dealers catalogs were incorrect making it impossible for dealers to order the bezels. I do not know if thats been corrected but again, United Radio has the correct parts.

If you change the bezel color to match the cars paint then the shifter bezel will also have to be replaced to match. Stereo Bezel is about $50-$65 and shifter bezel is about $20.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bezel was $45 from dodgeparts.com just before the price nearly doubled. Unfortunately now dodge is listing it at $104 retail and $80 or so with repair shop discount. If United radio has non dodge bezels or some in stock they may be your best bet.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Fingernipp said:
The bezel was $45 from dodgeparts.com just before the price nearly doubled. Unfortunately now dodge is listing it at $104 retail and $80 or so with repair shop discount. If United radio has non dodge bezels or some in stock they may be your best bet.
United Radio has the Dodge bezels in all the various colors to match seat insert colors for those with the sport model. They were $49.99 I believe. Didn't know about any price increase. When I went to dealers in June they could not order any of the bezels except for silver. There was/is a problem with the part numbers in their ordering system flagging them for export only.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
actually ive had my nav installed for about a moth now, and i had to wait MONTHS for the bezel to come in, seems it was inter-planetary backorder, and get this IM A SALESMAN! I WORK AT A DEALERSHIP!!! LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fingernipp: Nice walk through! Now that you've gone through that process I'd like to have answers to some questions. First, I'm waiting for a recently purchased RAQ radio, my concern is that I see the 2.5" dash speakers through the cover. Does the pin-out back connector to the radio includes all the wiring to make these speakers work? Also, is it possible to have the subwoofer wiring so I can include a passive filter or even a speaker level input amp? I'd like to have a custom installation with the OEM look.

Caliber SE 2.0, 35% Tint @ 4 doors, Yaesu Ham Gear, Whistler Radar Detector

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Milo5 said:
actually ive had my nav installed for about a moth now, and i had to wait MONTHS for the bezel to come in, seems it was inter-planetary backorder, and get this IM A SALESMAN! I WORK AT A DEALERSHIP!!! LOL
this is always a good thing lol...:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts