Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. there are 2 navigation systems
i have heard with the upgraded sterio. that you dont get the ipod in.

so . is the upgraded sterio the touch screen navi?

and how is the on dash navi. for those who have it.
what is the plan as far as saporting the navigation monthly?

i would love the in dash navi. because of the touch screen. and to avoid getting that block on top of my dash.

so if some one could tell me how they like theres. i'd like that alot :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
We ordered a Caliber & I was interested in those Mopar navi systems. Wanted the in-dash, but at over $2500 for a navi dedicated to 1 car, we went and got a Garmin Nuvi 350 for about $900 after taxes. Very cool system! Small, comes with windshield mount, cig power cord, & PC calbes. It does MP3s & othert stuff too, if you're into that. It has the vocal directions & can be used on any car. In fact, I'm taking it in the rental car next week for my business trip.

Just another option, but in my opinion, a more flexible & cheaper option.

J

·
Registered
285 Posts
I prefer the indash options. Because most of the time they're a cleaner install. That's just my $.02.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jmettee said:
We ordered a Caliber & I was interested in those Mopar navi systems. Wanted the in-dash, but at over $2500 for a navi dedicated to 1 car, we went and got a Garmin Nuvi 350 for about $900 after taxes. Very cool system! Small, comes with windshield mount, cig power cord, & PC calbes. It does MP3s & othert stuff too, if you're into that. It has the vocal directions & can be used on any car. In fact, I'm taking it in the rental car next week for my business trip.

Just another option, but in my opinion, a more flexible & cheaper option.

J
that sounds like after market stuff. if it isnt in the finance. then i cant get it.
it hasto be a caliber option in order for me to get it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Navi system? Who needs a navigation system? Isn't that just like asking for directions? Sounds like that "cute" fairy got ahold of a few of these cars haha. JUST KIDDIN ALL!!! Actually I can get directions on my cell phone so I didn't opt for that in mine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RadioDude said:
Navi system? Who needs a navigation system? Isn't that just like asking for directions? Sounds like that "cute" fairy got ahold of a few of these cars haha. JUST KIDDIN ALL!!! Actually I can get directions on my cell phone so I didn't opt for that in mine.
well i am a pizza hut driver. i alway stare down at our store map book. i love driving knowing the streets now. i'm spoild hah
if i had a navi . i'd never get lost in neiborhoods again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ahh never thought of it being used for pizza delivery. Thats a good idea! Wonder how many pizza places invested in portable ones for their employees to use?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RadioDude said:
Ahh never thought of it being used for pizza delivery. Thats a good idea! Wonder how many pizza places invested in portable ones for their employees to use?
lol. ... you use your own car.. haha... :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Right, that's why i said portable ones :) Then again someone might just go "deliver" a pizza and never come back and leave with a 400 dollar unit.

I retract my idea on the grounds that there are too many morons in the world LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RadioDude said:
Right, that's why i said portable ones :) Then again someone might just go "deliver" a pizza and never come back and leave with a 400 dollar unit.

I retract my idea on the grounds that there are too many morons in the world LOL
OH lol. got ya. thought you ment a caliber haha
:p

·
Registered
147 Posts
87rx7chick said:
that sounds like after market stuff. if it isnt in the finance. then i cant get it.
it hasto be a caliber option in order for me to get it.
Well, from what the dealer told me, the navi systems are not an option on the caliber from factory....they are a dealer option from Mopar. Not sure how that works with financing the car as to whether they can add it in to the loan with the vehicle purchase or not.

J

·
Registered
901 Posts
87rx7chick said:
...ok. there are 2 navigation systems
i have heard with the upgraded sterio. that you dont get the ipod in.
so . is the upgraded sterio the touch screen navi?
(I just checked mopar.com before replying....)

The 3 stereo options that come from the factory have nothing to do with navi. (All 3 are also available as Mopar accessories.)

There is a 4th radio that is only from Mopar that includes navigation. And ...ouch!! It's US$2275.00!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
(I just checked mopar.com before replying....)

The 3 stereo options that come from the factory have nothing to do with navi. (All 3 are also available as Mopar accessories.)

There is a 4th radio that is only from Mopar that includes navigation. And ...ouch!! It's US$2275.00!!!
this is the wierd thing......... in my caliber book. from the dealer. it showes an in dash option.......
but ya. if thats the 4th option....... i'll.... stick with the on dash
thanx for the info! you rock

·
Registered
182 Posts
87rx7chick said:
this is the wierd thing......... in my caliber book. from the dealer. it showes an in dash option.......
but ya. if thats the 4th option....... i'll.... stick with the on dash
thanx for the info! you rock
My book shows this too! Maybe it was a forsight that never made it to the finish line because of cost?

·
Registered
689 Posts
umf said:
My book shows this too! Maybe it was a forsight that never made it to the finish line because of cost?
Since in-dash and top of the dash navi's were designed as an ACCESSORY for the Caliber, they would not include them in the owners manual, which is designed for explaining the vehicle, as per factory options and designs. I'm sure both Navi's have instructions that come with them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ejfb said:
Since in-dash and top of the dash navi's were designed as an ACCESSORY for the Caliber, they would not include them in the owners manual, which is designed for explaining the vehicle, as per factory options and designs. I'm sure both Navi's have instructions that come with them.
Correct :D ! I looked closer and yes....the in dash unit is in the brochure clear as day...installed and everything...but....in the "Mopar" accessories section of the brochure!
Cheers!

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Mopar in-dash (REC) unit is not touch screen. Only the dash-top model is touch screen.

Also, the In-Dash unit can be purchased much, much cheaper than the list price.

·
Registered
182 Posts
TommyLee said:
The Mopar in-dash (REC) unit is not touch screen. Only the dash-top model is touch screen.

Also, the In-Dash unit can be purchased much, much cheaper than the list price.
True, i think it is dvd based if i am not mistakin'? (the in dash unit)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts