Dodge Caliber Forums banner

NBC Story on Chrysler CEO Ad Campaign

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Unoriginalusername 
#1 ·
NBC Nightly News tonight (Thursday, Sept. 21, 2006) had a story on how the ad campaign featuring Dr. Z. hasn't worked. There was a shot of the Caliber assembly line used over the narration where correspondent Bob Faw talked of "unsold inventory". An unfortunate occurance since an editor and cutting producer assign the shots and not the correspondent. You can see the story at msnbc.com. Click and hold on the item VIDEO in the left-hand column. Drag over to the sub menu that appears and drop down to Nightly Video, and then on the sub menu that appears drop down and select "Is a company CEO
a good spokesperson?". That is, if your read this message soon enough before the story cycles away.

#2 ·
You know, I kinda liked Dr.Z. Wasn't too fond of the Jeep comercial he did, but overall I thought he was alright. And why would they put that guy in the Caliber plant? To bad they didn't do a story on stupid commercials- The new Chevy commercial where people are jumping off a bridge onto a truck loaded with chevy's, and they're doing backflips and all, That's stupid!!! And the GM commercial where all the gm cars suddenly rise up into the air, and then start going really fast, well that's just really stupid!!! At least Chrysler tried to do something intelligent.

#4 ·
Fitz said:
You know, I kinda liked Dr.Z. Wasn't too fond of the Jeep comercial he did, but overall I thought he was alright. And why would they put that guy in the Caliber plant? To bad they didn't do a story on stupid commercials- The new Chevy commercial where people are jumping off a bridge onto a truck loaded with chevy's, and they're doing backflips and all, That's stupid!!! And the GM commercial where all the gm cars suddenly rise up into the air, and then start going really fast, well that's just really stupid!!! At least Chrysler tried to do something intelligent.
How bout the new VW commercials with the German guy trying to act all hip and ****. Or the one razor commercial with the old dude talking about the razor being off the hizzy with the girls on the treadmills.

#6 ·
Hey, that VW guy was hilarious... crazy russian space station guy from "Armageddon"...

I think it's unfair to blame all the crappy overstock on Dr.Z. Personally, I thought his commercials were hilarious!

The problem with Chrysler's overstock is the fact that gas prices are higher than ever, the economy is sagging because the auto industries are all failing and nobody wants to buy all these extra cars which are mostly crappy anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.