Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how limited is this car?. Is there any specific # of cars they will make or allocate to dealers?. Already my dealer is saying he doesnt know how many he will get and Sticker is probably the price. Just like the Shelby they have cranked up the sticker up to $25,000 over. They are making Around 8-10k units a year for 3 yrs. So in a couple of years they will be alot cheaper. I am X-plan for Ford. Is there any plan like this for Dodge?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
svt2209 said:
So how limited is this car?. Is there any specific # of cars they will make or allocate to dealers?. Already my dealer is saying he doesnt know how many he will get and Sticker is probably the price. Just like the Shelby they have cranked up the sticker up to $25,000 over. They are making Around 8-10k units a year for 3 yrs. So in a couple of years they will be alot cheaper. I am X-plan for Ford. Is there any plan like this for Dodge?
in an srt chat they said the limit is one less than the market wants lol... sucks to be that guy lol

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my dealer guaranteed me one. Should I take this seriuos, or do you think they will be readily available?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
svt2209 said:
Well my dealer guaranteed me one. Should I take this seriuos, or do you think they will be readily available?
Well not having a production cap (i.e. the Mazdaspeed 3 or VW R32) is different than just having supply. There are 5,000 R32's and 5,000 Mazdaspeed 3's being produced and thats it, so for capped production run cars you're SOL if you don't get one early enough.

The SRT team said that Dodge hasn't restricted the number or Caliber SRT4's (http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2218 post #4) production numbers, but that isn't to say that finding one will be easy. Finding even a regular caliber for the first 6-8 months was a nightmare as you've probally found out by the posts on this site. I think the people who put down a deposit up to a month before the SRT4 hitting the lots will have their pick of a car without waiting to long, those who read the magazines and want to go for a test drive then order will probally end up waiting some time if demand is really strong.

·
Registered
644 Posts
my dealer promised me first off the lot. well see what happens. i have many plans and high hopes for this car.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Given the last three years watching SRTs being sold, I wouldnt sweat it to much. While under 5K made sounds like not a lot, its not so bad. If you want one of the first ones, you will most likely either pay sticker or better, or be prepared to travel for one to a dealer whos not greasing up the ol high hard one.

But, you can wait even a month or two, finding one at sticker or better shouldnt be hard, and dont sweat not getting one if you wait even 6 months or longer. I'm using 5K as a ball park figure, BTW, but how many they make is up to them.

First year of Neon SRT-4, they only made 3275(?) or was it 3725? In any case, under 4K, and as I recall, while supply did get tight towards the end, it was still possible to find them when the 04s rolled in.

Neon SRT-4s production for 03/04/05 was about 27K, 3K, 10-11K, 11-12K, ball park figures. Thre real ones are out, but I'm lazy:)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So then the History of the SRT's is really to just wait a while so you dont pay sticker. Right?:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yep, that and being willing to travel, or have a car shipped. My SRT-4 Neon, I got one of the first few hundred releasesd, at sticker, but I had to fly to FL from MD to get it. DCX did a limited release of that car, only FL and CA got any for the first two months or so.

My SRT-8, I waited for almost a year after release, mostly to see if the 07s had any new features, but it saved me thousands, since they went on Employee Pricing last summer, so instead of sticker of 43K, I got it for 38K.

Its possible to get one of the first for sticker or better, but lots of deaelrs will play this "limited avaiablilty", or "Only I can get you one, better give me a deposit now" kinda bull. Dont believe it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So let me ask your opinion. If I could get one for sticker, Do you think I should go for it, or should I wait for the price to come down (if ever)

·
Registered
413 Posts
svt2209 said:
So let me ask your opinion. If I could get one for sticker, Do you think I should go for it, or should I wait for the price to come down (if ever)
Sticker!!!! I'd bet you'll pay a premium to get one. Why sell it for sticker when you can get more because it's the hot item.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well my department has some connections, but if I do pay a premium and it's anywhere in the high 20's for a FWD thats just crazy. Why would anyone pay that much. I guess I'll just wait to get a used one or it's back to the Mustang for me. Or better yet wait 2 more years and get a Shelby.

EXcaliber said:
Sticker!!!! I'd bet you'll pay a premium to get one. Why sell it for sticker when you can get more because it's the hot item.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Take one for sticker, no harm there. Its possible that you'll find one under right off, but that might be too hard. 2-3 months in, then you can reasonably expect to get one under.

I didnt wait so long on my 8 for the price, I was waiting to see if the 07s had any insurmountable upgrades, which they didnt, so I took an 06 for 38K.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Youre right. Patience is a virtue. And hopefully sticker is under $25k

GLHS837 said:
Take one for sticker, no harm there. Its possible that you'll find one under right off, but that might be too hard. 2-3 months in, then you can reasonably expect to get one under.

I didnt wait so long on my 8 for the price, I was waiting to see if the 07s had any insurmountable upgrades, which they didnt, so I took an 06 for 38K.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I purchased my Sport Trac and my 06 Stang with my X-plan. But you know. Some dealers will not sell you what they think is the hot item under X. I'm still trying to get a Shelby. But the Mazda Speed 3 in my opinion is really ugly. I think the Caliber Srt4 is much nicer. Just the back has a little something I dont like but for the speed, mileage, price. I cant go wrong.

Unoriginalusername said:
if you get x-plan you also get the mazda s plan, you could get an MS3 for well under list with that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts