Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my black sxt sport for some reason doesnt have the plastic/chrome crosshair grill.... its body colored instead... just wondering where can i buy the chrome crosshair from? and if it will just snap in...

the way i understood it ..i thought only the SE had the body colored grill

·
Registered
689 Posts
Search the forum for the Chrome Grill part number. Dodge decided to speed up production on the Caliber by dropping the Chrome Grill on almost all Calibers back in April.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lame... i just cant wait for another couple months when we have a full catalog of aftermarket stuff to choose from

·
Registered
162 Posts
You could always keep the cross-hair chrome free and do the inside rails. That might look pretty nice. You could get the products to do that from Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Parts for alot cheaper then replacing the main part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SXTANDME said:
You could always keep the cross-hair chrome free and do the inside rails. That might look pretty nice. You could get the products to do that from Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Parts for alot cheaper then replacing the main part.
That doesn't work on body colored grills....:mad: I tried doing that on mine, but they must have also made the inside rails thicker when they dropped the chrome because it wont fit. Sucks huh?

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you were closer to where I am, and had an inferno red, Id swap w/ you. I dont like my chrome grille.

·
Registered
45 Posts
$150 ain't that bad. If I remember the previous post, a new one from Mopar is over $200. I'm with you. I was expecting a chrome grille and got body colored. I chrome taped the dark gray horizontal pieces in the grille as several others in the forum have done and I'm beginning to like it better.
Here's a pic of mine:
DSC_0020s.jpg
(Click on it for the bigger picture.)

Darn, that pic didn't work. Oh well, you can see it and others at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~twerkema/

·
Registered
162 Posts
TimSax said:
$150 ain't that bad. If I remember the previous post, a new one from Mopar is over $200. I'm with you. I was expecting a chrome grille and got body colored. I chrome taped the dark gray horizontal pieces in the grille as several others in the forum have done and I'm beginning to like it better.
Here's a pic of mine:
View attachment 565
(Click on it for the bigger picture.)

Darn, that pic didn't work. Oh well, you can see it and others at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~twerkema/
Yeah that is what I was talking about a few posts up. I think that looks really nice. Do you think you could post a close up so we can see how it looks? Once again, that really looks nice.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you don't mind clicking on these thumbnails to see the big pictures, here's two more close up:
DSC_0016w.jpg

DSC_0017w.jpg
(I still haven't figured out how to post them full size. Sorry about that.)

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tigerr said:
I saw that one last night also but didn't bother posting the link.... I assume it is going to sell for a lot. As he mentioned he bought it last week well here is the link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250000950884

$225 after shipping! Hey I guess the good thing is if I ever can't make a payment I can just sell the grill to cover it ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts