Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just got my new Caliber SXT in Steel Blue. I can't for the life of me successfully program the keyless entry to stop beeping the horn when I lock the doors.:confused: It's real annoying to the neighbors as well at 6 am. I keep trying to hold the lock button 4-10 seconds, then the panic button and let go of both at the same time but it doesn't seem to work. I had no problem setting this up on the Neon. Can anybody offer a suggestion? Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was did not like that option either so I asked the dealer to turn it off. He said OK, but then the horn will not sound if the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
361 Posts
steveb said:
I was did not like that option either so I asked the dealer to turn it off. He said OK, but then the horn will not sound if the alarm goes off.
Mine does, I discovered that after accidently setting the alarm off while a couple made out in a car parked across from mine....Headlights came on shining at them, while the car's honking away. So much for trying not to disturb people :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, what's wrong with me. I've tried it several more times, am I missing something. I've stood inside, outside, it won't do it. I press the lock button and it beeps the horn, I Hold it for another six sconds and the press panic and release both. What am I missing? Does the key have to be in the ignition?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I know what I'll do, I'll just cut the wire to my horn! Tried again, no success. Tried it on my Grand Caravan, same type of key and it worked. I don't get it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
In the car, press and hold the left button on the speedometer cluster, it will then let you cycle through all of the options, you can then select horn off with lock.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mr_badda_bing said:
In the car, press and hold the left button on the speedometer cluster, it will then let you cycle through all of the options, you can then select horn off with lock.
I don't have that option, I have to do it by the key / remote

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just to reconfirm, I don't have that ESM (?) feature either, had to use the key. I have 2 keys, both the same as far as I know, and did what you are saying, it worked on the first try.

·
Registered
267 Posts
mikemclawhon said:
hold lock on key for 6 seconds , while holding press panic then release both.
Just adding my voice to this, it worked fine for me also.. thanks guys!

Now is there a way to reprogram the door locks so they all unlock on the first press of the button (I don't have the ECIV).. is that something you program on the key itself or some other way?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
RadioDude said:
Just adding my voice to this, it worked fine for me also.. thanks guys!

Now is there a way to reprogram the door locks so they all unlock on the first press of the button (I don't have the ECIV).. is that something you program on the key itself or some other way?
Do you have the owner's manual? The way to do it on a vehicle without the EVIC is in there; it is indeed done with the key. I did it on mine and it was quite easy to do.

I'd post how to do it myself, but can't get to my Caliber's owners manual for several hours to look it up.

I believe the procedure is also posted here in a past response; if I have a bit more time to spare soon, I'll try to find it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll take another look in the manual also. Couldn't find it the first time but if it's there I'll look thru the book again. Thanks for the info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts