Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I'm in need of an ignition wire for my temporary HU install. The wiring harness in the Caliber doesn't have an ignition wire already on it and I was curious if there was one close by that I could t-tap into.. Does anyone know the color of a wire and which plug the wire is on that is an ignition? Also, if you could tell me pin# on the plug cause I'm slightly colorblind and sometimes factory wires are funny colors. If I had a DMM it wouldn't be so bad but mine is out of comission. THanks

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Why not use the hot wire from the harness? Its set to let you use the radio when the car is off and keys removed till the door is opened so i understand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless I've got the wrong wire, it won't cut power unless you physically turn off the CD player... That's what it's currently hooked to

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else??

·
Registered
683 Posts
Tap into the 12V accessory plug. It is switched with the ignition and is an easy location from the stereo. Don't use this for power, just for on/off ignition signal. The stereo harness already has a power lead.

The factory stereo turns on/off from Can-Bus commands from the computer and is why no seperate ignition wire is present.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man I feel like a dope... I just figured the 12v lighter plug was constant hot... wouldn't happen to know colors, eh?

·
Registered
683 Posts
dawson said:
man I feel like a dope... I just figured the 12v lighter plug was constant hot... wouldn't happen to know colors, eh?
Don't know the colors off hand but the center contact of the accessory plug is the hot wire. The outer shell is ground. I used an insulation displacement type crimp connector to tap into the wire without having to cut/splice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts