Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade the Dodge Caliber Brake discs and need the dimension from inner to outer circumference? Width or thickness circumference inner and outer also a reference point like the length and width of the pads.
If you know any details of the brake discs or pads from other after market parts it would help to narrow down
I’m going for drilled and grooved discs EBC but they don’t have data as of yet so need some Pictures and dimensions as I haven’t got mine yet. Hope you can help as I will be auto shopping the car soon as it arrives for some custom touches!:)

The rear if they are discs aswell, but I think they are drums?:confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
yes the rear are drums :( No info on the front... maybe when I get my new rims I can measure them and take some pics for you if somwone hasn't before then.

·
Registered
160 Posts
mistermario said:
yes the rear are drums :( No info on the front... maybe when I get my new rims I can measure them and take some pics for you if somwone hasn't before then.
Over here in Germany, all models come with disk brakes at front and rear as well as 17" wheels.
Not sure about the UK though!?

·
Registered
644 Posts
mine has discs

·
Registered
141 Posts
Havent got mine yet but I know that it has disc brakes front and rear, why? is it rear drums on usa calibers?
if so what model..dont say all of em !

Sounds a bit crummy if it is !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys if you have the chance it would be great I never feel safe enough with stock standard brakes as all my cars have had brake upgrades and they last up to 25,000 miles before they need changing also the brake dust is kept to a minimum which helps the alloys from corrosion. I just considered safety for the kids a priority on a big car.
As for the Drums not sure myself I guess anything below 2.0ltres would have drums as the braking is lighter but any thing over 2.0ltr would need disc on the back as they are usually heavier and more powerfull.
Is ABS standard throughout the range also?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
StephenM UK said:
Yeah, all the different models have ABS :)
Sorry to correct you but the canadian se ,the one i have has drums in the backs and abs is not standard ,its only opinal ,so i took it ,i dit not even know until that point that ad this age cars are being sold without abs ,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
689 Posts
In NA, SE and SXT have disc front and drum back, ABS optional, but ABS is added to CVT Calibers no matter what. R/T models come with disc front and rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts