Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice/guidance on how to address a tire issue I am having.

I purchased my Cali in May with almost 800 miles on it already. Originally I had noticed that intermittently I would hear a consistent thumping and feel a slight shuddering. Since the vehicle was new I figured it was the roads I was on, especially since it didn't seem to happen consistently. Then one day it was like it just broke loose and the shuddering became severe and the thumping was very loud. At this point I had about 5000 miles on the car, I took it to my dealer who told me it was a broken belt and I would likely have to pay for a new tire. When I argued with them the problem turned into a manufacturer error instead of my fault.
Well it's now 5000 miles later and guess what-

(I have the R/T with the 18" Chrome)

PS- I have owned an Omni, Daytona, Neon, Stratus and Intrepid prior to this car and didn't have any tire problems with any of them just incase you're thinking it's my driving :p

·
Registered
294 Posts
My RT came with a road hazard tire guarantee, I'd have to check the details, but I believe its pro-rated for usage. I'm confident what you described would be covered.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good luck with that. Unfortunately they'll probably just say you smoked a curb. Hope not. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bought a new car a few years back with firestone tires. It developed a serious vibration problem that was caused by two of the tires being out of round. The dealer as well as an independent shop confirmed this. I took it to a Firestone dealer who put my new car on a lift and tried to tell me it was a worn out pitman arm causing it and he had them in stock if I wanted to pay them to replace it. Thats an age old trick shops have done for decades. Firestone refused to even look at the tires even though they were under warranty. I ended up having to buy new tires at my own expense to solve the problem. Firestone SUCKS!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Huff said:
Thats an age old trick shops have done for decades. !!
My cousin was a manager at a Firestone store 30 years ago. They would have training sessions for the mechanics on how to rip off the customers, squirt oil on the shocks, steel filings in their pockets to show customers it was found in the tranny fluid and commisions for all extra parts sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts