Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally replaced my stock SE wheels with some new 18" wheels and tires. The tires are BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS (235/50ZR-18 97W ORBL) and the wheels are 18"x7" Rage Enduro. You can get these for about $800 dollars delivered from www.discounttiredirect.com if you are interested. Nothing to fancy but I like them and they ride great. No clearance problems at all. Here is a few pics.


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Looks great man!:D:D:cool:

Many have been noticing an issue with the Firestones being lound on the road, how are those, does it get rid of that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Looks good. Do you still have road noise?

Tyke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Looks great man!:D:D:cool:

Many have been noticing an issue with the Firestones being lound on the road, how are those, does it get rid of that?
I never had an issue with road noise as my Caliber is an SE so it had 15" Dunlop tires on it. I can't tell any real difference in road noise and it rides as quiet and cushy as it ever did. I can tell that I am sitting a little taller with the new tires and wheels.

I would'nt have even driven it off the lot with Firestone tires on it. I am just not that big of a risk taker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoostedBlue said:
drop it.....:)
It won't be getting dropped. I have been known to drive on the sidewalk:eek: (and very deep snow), I need the ground clearance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Looks good. And $800 isn't that bad of a deal. I spent $1700 of a set of 17"s for my 2nd Neon. Well worth it, though. Nothing like upgrading from a stock wheel/tire to wide 17"s. Amazing how much more grip you get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Looks amazing! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Cool looking 15-spoke wheels, I like them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Are they 5x115?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TradedHemiRam4Caliber said:
Are they 5x115?
Nope. The caliber uses 5 x 4.5 inch or the metric equal which is 114.3 mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
RobMR3 said:
Looks good. And $800 isn't that bad of a deal. I spent $1700 of a set of 17"s for my 2nd Neon. Well worth it, though. Nothing like upgrading from a stock wheel/tire to wide 17"s. Amazing how much more grip you get.
What'd you get for $1,700?

Back when I bought rims/tires for my old echo I got a set of 15" 5Zigen GN+'s for $650 + ~$300 for Avon Tech M500 tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
I wanna say the brand name was RG something. But I got Yokohama 255/35/ZR17's. With those tires, and the Eibach Pro Kit, I could take most clover leafs between 60-70 mph depending on how warm it was, and how I had the car loaded. God that was a fun neon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Nice, look identical to the rims you get on a Stratus/Sebring!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
RobMR3 said:
I wanna say the brand name was RG something. But I got Yokohama 255/35/ZR17's. With those tires, and the Eibach Pro Kit, I could take most clover leafs between 60-70 mph depending on how warm it was, and how I had the car loaded. God that was a fun neon.
255 on a neon? Woah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Amandyke said:
255 on a neon? Woah
Yeah, they were damn wide. But they tucked great. You can see the car and the wheels here: http://robsrods.com/Sharpe_Home.html. Unfortunately the g/f blew the engine before I could take pics with the wheels on. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I actually like thosse.... I would prefer a larger spoke for myself. But I do like those;
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top