Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, well today was my 1st gas station visit and for my 1st tank of guess on an AWD R/T I got 25.8 mpg, pretty good for 1st tank and I was driving all city and not too smooth on my 1st week. Thats the good news, now the bad.

Today going to lunch the car started making a horrible noise coming from what seems like the trans, got back to work, called the dealer and they told be bring it over asap.

Once there they took it in instantly , did a test drive, put it on the rack and found one of the front struts had a leak? or something, they replaced it adjusted some things, washed the car and had me on my way in less than 2 hours. Smooth again, this car is fun to drive and so smooth for a smaller car.

Bad, was having an issue so soon, good , dealer was fantastic, above the call of duty here folks. So good, I need to mention the dealer.

Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas, NV. The home of the Chopper, the King of Cars TV show on A&E. They are really nice at this dealership and have done well by me.

Now my question, how come there is not more info on here about upgrading the basic stereo, adding amps subs and so on? I have narrowed it down to adding a Rockford Fosgate 8" Punch in a top line sealed box with an Infinity Amp to drive the Sub. Bos is only 12x12x10 and looks nicer than the average box. Total cost of parts including wiring and shipping. $115.00 , oh yea I already had the amp so 115 is for sub, sub box and wiring kit only. Any thoughts let me know, not looking to blow out the windows and want to use up as little space as possible but still have a real sub system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Flaps said:
Now my question, how come there is not more info on here about upgrading the basic stereo, adding amps subs and so on? I have narrowed it down to adding a Rockford Fosgate 8" Punch in a top line sealed box with an Infinity Amp to drive the Sub. Bos is only 12x12x10 and looks nicer than the average box. Total cost of parts including wiring and shipping. $115.00 , oh yea I already had the amp so 115 is for sub, sub box and wiring kit only. Any thoughts let me know, not looking to blow out the windows and want to use up as little space as possible but still have a real sub system.
I don't think anyone here other than ib2loud has really upgraded any of the parts yet, and I think he's only done the HU so far. There is a diagram floating around that someone got from the nice people at Boston Acoustics that should give you some idea of the holes that exist for the musicgate system upgrade, but from one of your posts I think you've seen that. Other than that, there just aren't that many of us that have calibers yet, let alone people that have modified them very much. Make some mods to yours, then post the info and then there will be more info here for others :)

Personally I got the MusicGate system. It sounds really good for all the more expensive it was, so I won't be doing any mods in the soundsystem department. Hopefully as people make mods in all areas they will post the info here, and the site will grow as a resource for everyone.

Edit:
While its not good hearing of problems, its great to hear of a dealer that took really good care of you like that, hopefully there are lots more like that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OUWxGuesser said:
So does flaps get the distinction of first forum member to have a mechanical issue? :O
I think that is Harley, he has been having an issue that still needs to be addressed. Flaps might be first to have one resolved (or maybe second, I thought there was another post where someone mentioned a minor issue that the dealer resolved).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stereo System and more

The couple options I did not get that I really wanted was the Musicgate, and the pkg that includes the compass. But I did not want to wait for an order and Saturday when I was buying they had 7 or 8 Calibers, 1 AWD R/T which I got and then the rest were SXT with only minimal stuff, so I got the best one they had. When I was there Tuesday they had sold all of those Calibers and had gotten 7 more in of which 2 were already in the vehicle delivery area, so I am guessing people are digging this car and buying them as fast as dealers can get them in stock.

Flaps

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi I think that was me. The day we got our Caliber a month 1/2 ago the dash board was scratched and they fixed it. The door handle was wrong too. This probably is not really a "problem" more an inconvenience. The glove box door is coming up and the dealer is going to fix it, just have to make time. I cancelled te appt. because of work obligations! So far no other problems. Really like the R/T!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
draed said:
I think that is Harley, he has been having an issue that still needs to be addressed...
Mine isn't a MECHANICAL issue - it has to do with a factory COSMETIC defect (significant paint flaw).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Harley, sorry about that. I thought there was someone else on the forum that had a mechanical problem (loud ticking noise or something) that they were having a hard time getting the dealer to take care of.

I probably just combined your issue with someone else's in my mind. :eek:

Edit: ghoticov's spark knock that he just updated about was the issue I was confusing Harley with

·
Registered
169 Posts
Flaps said:
Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas, NV. The home of the Chopper, the King of Cars TV show on A&E. They are really nice at this dealership and have done well by me.
Did you get to bang the gong? :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ghoticov said:
Did you get to bang the gong? :D
I did and it was kinda fun. I thought I was not going to like this dealer , but they were more honest and fun than the other and cut me a way better deal overall on a nicer Caliber.

Flaps

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Flaps said:
Thats cool I saw an episode or two of that the other day, pretty cool! Looks like they make aot of sales through that dealer.:D:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I got the usual thank you card from the dealer but it was way cooler than the usual as it had printed in color a picture of me with my car. Pretty nice touch I think.

Also the upgraded mats are in and ready for me to get them tomorrow.

Great Dealer Overall.

Flaps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts