Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off I would like to thank everyone who posted in the forums. I read up for about a month before I purchased my car. Having been armed with all the information It made for an easy purchase with my dealer and was very clear on what needed to be done. ie. Dealer prep for those damn QC marks....

At last I have a Caliber. I reserved an SXT loaded in September, and was told it was built and ready for me mid-October, First week of November it was still D Status. So I got every Zip Code for the state of Florida and searched every Caliber that was Black with some options that were a must have.

I found a R/T AWD for only $1500 more than what I was paying for the SXT! The worst part is it's in the next town over, 30 miles, and was told by the dealer that they could not "locate" anything close to what I wanted. Took my deposit back, Called the other dealer and told the sales manager my story. He had the car all Prepped, Washed, and Parked in the front of the Dealership with a huge Sold Sign with my name on it. Purchased my Caliber in less than 3 hours I was out the door with keys in hand driving home!

Here is some Pics! Thanks Agian!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm partial to the R/T, but good choice!!!!!! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on your new R/T.
You made it sound so easy to purchase a
Caliber.
We ordered our R/T on April 1st and it
didn't arrive till 4 months later.
We are totally happy with ours.
But the wait was very hard.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wilson said:
Congrats on your new R/T.
You made it sound so easy to purchase a
Caliber.
We ordered our R/T on April 1st and it
didn't arrive till 4 months later.
We are totally happy with ours.
But the wait was very hard.

Wilson
Ontario Canada
I was just lucky to find one on the Lot, which made it much easier. The rush was we are driving from Naples, FL to North Bay Ontario Canada for Christmas to see my in-laws. We are driving cause we have a few stops to make for other friends and family. We needed a newer more reliable car for the trip. It even came with the Engine Block Heater!

·
Registered
644 Posts
congrats on your purchase..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice car...I too am a new Caliber owner...Picked mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to go with the SE(price) to get the wife on board with trading in my Sebring.....I am online currently shopping for new wheels and tires to dress it up a bit. It is a fun car to drive. Good luck

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also think you made the right choice with the R/T!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Aerocream said:
I was just lucky to find one on the Lot, which made it much easier. The rush was we are driving from Naples, FL to North Bay Ontario Canada for Christmas to see my in-laws. We are driving cause we have a few stops to make for other friends and family. We needed a newer more reliable car for the trip. It even came with the Engine Block Heater!
Wow! that should be a fun trip! I've done from toronto to north bay and toronto to floroda, but never all in one trip before. BUt congrats on the cali! Now the fun begins in keeping it clean:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice looking Caliber you have. Black is beautiful :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats on being one of the select few of us wise enough to purchase the BEST LOOKING stock caliber model- the Black R/T. It's a solid credit to your obvious discerning taste. Yes it's a pain to keep clean, but when you see that black paint's fresh wax job glowing in the sunlight you'll know you made the right choice. It's one of the few cars in this world that makes you look better just by stepping out of it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
First off.... VERY NICE!!!!! :D

clockmaker said:
Congrats on being one of the select few of us wise enough to purchase the BEST LOOKING stock caliber model- the Black R/T. It's a solid credit to your obvious discerning taste. Yes it's a pain to keep clean, but when you see that black paint's fresh wax job glowing in the sunlight you'll know you made the right choice. It's one of the few cars in this world that makes you look better just by stepping out of it!
He knows what he's talking about! I currently have a black car and it's all that! Funniest thing is how much slower and more careful you drive after you wash it because you don't wanna dirty it or get dust on the rims, haha!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts