Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just found this new video of the Caliber SRT-4 from the Chicago Auto Show... shows some things that other videos and reviews seem to miss, like VERY detailed video of the interior.

ALSO!!!! Keep a close eye on the REAR of the steering wheel.. THATS RIGHT LADIES AND GENT'S ... Stereo controls on the steering wheel for the SRT4!!!!

Did you ALSO notice the "magic" button near the shifter? (watch when they zoom in on the shift knob.. its a nice "ESP OFF" button :D )

I can now die happy... err ... wait, maybe I should wait to drive one first, THEN die happy. :cool: :eek:

http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/chicago/112_06chicago_2007_dodge_calibersrt4/index.html

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ironside,

THANK YOU for posting this!!! Looks great!

I just to forewarn anyone else - the first few seconds of the video features the Honda Civic.

Fear not, though - it changes to the Caliber SRT-4 feature about 10-15 seconds after the video's start...

·
Registered
567 Posts
nice find!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems to have a German trans........the reverse is on the left.........the Hyundai 6-speed has it on the right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also has the badging that I want on my current SRT-4!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, but I'm having a blonde moment.........ESP????..........Traction Control?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes.......:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xxsrt4xX said:
Also has the badging that I want on my current SRT-4!
That's what I was referring to. Here's my theory, may seem dumb, but I think it makes sense. The Neon SRT-4 is the only SRT which didn't receive this style of badge. It's also the only SRT that doesn't have it embroidered on the seats. I believe that the SRT-4 is kind of seperate from the original SRT idea of SRT being the pinnacle of a certain model vehicle. I think that this time around, they're adding it in. (the leather seats in the video, the embroidering, the badging, the cruise control, steering wheels controls, etc etc).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I hope you're right and they don't gimp out the comforts.. :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
well the vid said it was a getrag tranny, so i dunno wut that means, but it'll take gettin used to with the reverse towards the left! lol

ESP = Electronic Stability Control btw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The reverse gear uses a liftring, you pull up the little ring below the knob to allow you to engage the shifter one more notch to the left, then you simply pull it out and push it forward to engage first.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
That is a sweet find!!! Now I cant wait to test drive it to see how nice those seats are, and how much it will cost. I was waiting for a year to buy a caliber anyway, so this makes it worth the wait!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nytmare said:
That's what I was referring to. Here's my theory, may seem dumb, but I think it makes sense. The Neon SRT-4 is the only SRT which didn't receive this style of badge. It's also the only SRT that doesn't have it embroidered on the seats. I believe that the SRT-4 is kind of seperate from the original SRT idea of SRT being the pinnacle of a certain model vehicle. I think that this time around, they're adding it in. (the leather seats in the video, the embroidering, the badging, the cruise control, steering wheels controls, etc etc).
Yeah, the original SRT-4 was the Red-headed stepchild testbed type thing for the people that can't afford the 6 or higher?!?!?!? :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xxsrt4xX said:
Yeah, the original SRT-4 was the Red-headed stepchild testbed type thing for the people that can't afford the 6 or higher?!?!?!? :D
Yeah basically, I mean it hardly fits into the group with the other SRT's. It's fast which is great, but lacks where the others achieve.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nytmare said:
Yeah basically, I mean it hardly fits into the group with the other SRT's. It's fast which is great, but lacks where the others achieve.
Again the age old saying persists......It's still a Neon. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Xxsrt4xX said:
Again the age old saying persists......It's still a Neon. ;)
Nothing wrong with Neons. All of mine have been very good to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To clear up the ignorance going around the neon based srt-4 was the original srt vehicle. SRT originally stood for Supercharged R/T and was not the name of the Chrystler skunk works devision that was then known as PVO. The original SRT concept car from 1999 was supercharged. Because the concept did so well at SEMA and the LA auto show the initials stuck even though the forced induction changed to turbo.

My point is this: The neon srt-4 is the original SRT. The Street Racing and Technology was an after thought created in part to preserve the much anticipated moniker of the neon concept car. The SRT-4 bage on the neon did not denote a high performance trim level common to other Chrysler vehicles, it denoted a stand alone model. PVO would later change it's name to SRT when the decision was made to follow in the SRT-4's footsteps with other vehicles.

Style elements such as the red number badging and special stitching were developed as common trim level elements after the SRT-4 had already been put into production.

Hating on the original SRT vehicle is lame and ignorant. Retarded statements like "it was designed for people who could not afford the 6" should be recognized as the verbal diarea of the mentally challenged.
Check out this link for one of the early concept vehicles: http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_cars/112_0004_dodge_neon_srt/

1 - 20 of 65 Posts