Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a lot of you are really in a big hurry to pick up your new Caliber. But when you go to pick up your new car you should go over it very carefully. Take it it for a test drive before you sign on the dotted line. Don't let the dealer say don't worry just bring it back and we will take care of issues you find later. Make them fix it before you drive it away. This will stop alot of issues that are starting to be posted. The dealers do not fix any paint issues before they deliver the car, it would then be concealed damage. That is why the person had a happy face in the paint that the dealer already knew about. You will not believe how fast they will fix a problem in order to get your check. Over the years, and many new cars, I have learned this lesson the hard way. I hope this advice will hopefully help you when buying a new car.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
x2!!!! I too have had a bad experience with dealers, yes dealers regarding this kind of thing and it is very important to go over the whole vehicle before you sign for it. especially if you lease it! in 2 of our past 3 caravans they have had damage done to them before we took delivery but we didnt note the first vans damage to the next morning and the dealer then didnt fix it, since then we have not returned to them - Islington Chrysler in Ontario, also another van came with the opposite of a dent on the right sliding door and they said to not worry about it they wont charge us for it when we turn it in!!!!!:eek: :eek: so needless to say we have not returned to Islington for any new vehicles!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i agree...we were going to buy the one off the showroom floor....i looked it over very well and there was a nickel sized chip out of the paint on the front bumper....we ended up taking another black sxt home.

+1 for going over everthing with a microscope!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sadly, running off is what I did. I couldn't wait to get into the car and get out on the road. I did give the car a good visual check. But it was also dark out when I picked the car up. I know I should have waited for the next day to roll around and get a better look and check other things out. I was just too excited to really think straight, could be a first time new car buyer thing. :/

Fortunately, there's nothing wrong with the car....except that damn ticking!

·
Registered
181 Posts
steveb said:
Oh!! NEVER...NEVER... pick up your new car after dark
This is good advice. My last car. He tried to give me a sedan instead of the hatchback, I even I noticed that(actually working in a lab I'm pretty detail oriented). Had to wait for them to detail and do checklist. Then I had to go over it.

The caliber, It was in the showroom waiting for me - it was the first marine blue one many of the sales people had seen. It was perfect. The salesman was great. He was the one who insisted before I should to hit the freeway and check it out. After he went over the car with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts