Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new Carbon Trim from Dodgeparts.com (This isnt complete instructions on how to do this)

Old Trim

Remove this part first, just pull up on the knob to take it off.

Then, remove the shift panel

Next, now becareful here the A/C cables are NOT LONG AT ALL. So do not pull the panel all the way off....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New Trim :p

Now of course I didnt have the C-4577 tool, so I use this instead:

A small PLASTIC spoon.

It worked very well, for the panels you have to start at the top of the edges first. You have to take off the buttom panel off first and then the top.

Since the A/C cables arent long at all it took all my time unscrewing the screws, since I didnt have a short screw driver. Took around 1 hour and 30 mins :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To much I think but I had extra cash, about 147 for the top panel and 87 for the buttom...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great! I asked the dealer about the carbon fiber when I ordered my SXT but he said that I had to get an RT. Can't wait to add those to mine when I take delivery.

·
Registered
901 Posts
OrangeSXT1.8/5Speed said:
Looks great! I asked the dealer about the carbon fiber when I ordered my SXT but he said that I had to get an RT. Can't wait to add those to mine when I take delivery.
Oh the misinformation! Wonder where he heard that from. Its just Mopar accessory parts.

Love the "Caliber" logo slush mats, scjon! (I have those too!)

·
Registered
70 Posts
ewitz said:
Thats a lot of $ for fake carbon.

You think they could actually use a real carbon weave top layer.
Unfortunately its the same for about 90% of the fake carbon products out there from various things from cars to motorcycles. All way overpriced for what you get.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I dont care if its fake, it looks good though :p If it looks good and i'm happy the money is worth it unless I see it cheaper. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like it too! We tried to order ours with the carbon fiber kit and was told it was only R/T as well. It's really a shame the use consumers know more than the salesman!

·
Registered
361 Posts
It looks pretty good. I was thinking of getting the same thing added in when I got my Caliber. I looks quite a bit nicer than the standard trim.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Yellow Carbon one they have would look pretty cool witht he yellow Sports package.

·
Registered
343 Posts
PAJeep said:
Unfortunately its the same for about 90% of the fake carbon products out there from various things from cars to motorcycles. All way overpriced for what you get.
Try buying stuff for a boat!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts