Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about changing my exhaust, I use Flowmaster exhaust on my Dodge Ram V8 and of course it sounded great. Of course the Caliber is a V4. Anyways I like to replace the exhaust, just the muffler and back. To anyone that has installed a new exhaust system: Did it sounded great? Or worked out right?

I have the SXT 2.0L

If so what exhaust do could you recommend?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I opted for the Mopar system for the wife's SXT 2.0. Very easy to install and she likes the low tone of the twin pipes. It's expensive but it's all stainless where the stock exhaust is not. It does not sound like those ricer fart can exhausts.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Badpenny said:
I opted for the Mopar system for the wife's SXT 2.0. Very easy to install and she likes the low tone of the twin pipes. It's expensive but it's all stainless where the stock exhaust is not. It does not sound like those ricer fart can exhausts.
Can you please post some pics of the twin pipes?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Badpenny said:
I want that too. Have to save up for it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badpenny said:

Yeah I like to see some pictures to :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just found another pix from when I was fixing the exhaust rattle. This is the stainless muffler and RH rear hanger. Notice the piece of hose and clamp on the hanger to keep it from sliding in the rubber insulator. That keeps the system centered and prevents the front hanger from ratteling against the frame during fast left turns.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Badpenny said:
Here's the wife's Caliber with the new Mopar exhaust. Not a very good pix, I've got an old Casio digital from long ago.
That looks good! Lil bit of attitude!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey how much was that ???? Around $500?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Found another pix of the exhaust. Some sun glare on the Caliber body. I wish the muffler was set higher under the body so the tips could protrude under the rear bumper more like the magnum.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats looks great.... I want to do it but right now my friends are telling me not to.

I look at the Flowmaster exhaust the 60 Series Delta Flow - Three Chamber Mufflers.

But from the sound recording sounds like ricer :( :confused: I dont know though...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Badpenny said:
Here's the wife's Caliber with the new Mopar exhaust. Not a very good pix, I've got an old Casio digital from long ago.
I like it! They remind me of the 1960s cars with dual tips that were under the bumpers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
drop my car for to get its exhaust done begining of next week... earliest appointment i could make, but im excited... should sound pretty nice when its done.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Badpenny said:
Mopar exhaust - $664 includes S&H, etc. What the Boss wants, the Boss gets! Gotta keep her happy.
Damn I wish my wife wanted stuff for her car!!! I have bought stuff and she is like no dont touch the car so I always end up returning it!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do you think about getting the flowmasters? :confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
That looks SOOOO SWEET!! I know what I'll be saving for soon!! You said you installed it yourself, right? What exactly did you have to do to get it on there, because if that's something that I can tackle myself, I'll definately go for that as opposed to pay the dealer a lot to install it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
after installing the trailer hitch tonight and looking at the very weird inlet situation of the stock muffler (think boxster)... the Mopar upgrade may be just the ticket to save on grief and just bolt it up and get er done :p dual out looks good too. thinking about it for now, thanks for the pic Badpenny.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Badpenny said:
Mopar exhaust - $664 includes S&H, etc. What the Boss wants, the Boss gets! Gotta keep her happy.
Man, that's kinda pricey. Have you had a noticeable improvement in acceleration and power, or is it just an upgrade in terms of look and sound?

I don't suppose you can just get the muffler to get the sound and dual exhaust appearance, I figure you need to have the whole cat-back system to make it work, right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts