Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got approved for financing and got my order for a black R/T placed. Looks like i have a pretty good wait ahead of me but i cross my fingers that the assembly issues have been worked out by now.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Guess what, they haven't been worked out yet (factory issues). I wouldn't expect your Caliber until late November. Hope you like waiting. Congrats on the the order tho! You may even have to wait for a dealer allocation.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good for you, sorry it will probably be a wait, but on the good side, latest rumor is that R/Ts are being built now, so who knows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats man! I am actually a new owner too! I got my red cali last week. I've been browsing the forums but have not posted till now.

·
Registered
911 Posts
ejfb said:
Good for you, sorry it will probably be a wait, but on the good side, latest rumor is that R/Ts are being built now, so who knows.
We'll all know soon if people's R/T orders start going into D-1 Status from D. I hope they're still making SXT's as I've been waiting 14 weeks so far.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My R/T is currently (at least as of last Friday) in D1 status, if that helps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
We'll all know soon if people's R/T orders start going into D-1 Status from D. I hope they're still making SXT's as I've been waiting 14 weeks so far.
Mine is still in BX status, and I ordered mine the same day you did! All I know is I better get my damn car before the snow flys here. Gas here is $3.10 a gallon, and I have a 40 mile one way commute to work. Right now, my only means of transportation is a Dodge Ram pickup, and I have no one to car pool with. God, please hear my prayers! My pocket book can't take this much longer...:(

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I talked with my sales rep today and he's be in contact with his zone manager and the zone manger is going to really put some pressure to get my car scheduled and built very soon. There's no guarantees, but at least maybe they'll be more motivated to push mine into D-1 status. If it goes there, at least I know its starting to make some real progress and it will be built within the next week or two. So we'll see what happens within the next 2 weeks or so. I'm really hoping I have my Caliber by the end of August. I wanted to have it while it was nice here in Upstate NY so I could enjoy my car and not have to immediately drive it in the salt and cold weather.

mahal3638: I would say the dealer you went through doesn't have an allocation for any Calibers or else your car would at least be in D status. Everyone I know of that got an allocation had their order go into D status within 2 or 3 days of getting the allocation. So you might have quite a wait on your hands still unfortunately. If its anything like my order, I've been in D status since June 5th. So by next Saturday it will be in D status for 9 weeks. I've been waiting since May 1st, 15 weeks so far on Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Fingernipp said:
I Just got approved for financing and got my order for a black R/T placed. Looks like i have a pretty good wait ahead of me but i cross my fingers that the assembly issues have been worked out by now.
Congrats!!:):) Hope you are patient like the majority have already mentioned!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Also you better hope your bank is patient as well. I already lost my loan because its taking so long. So now I gotta reapply and hope I get a reasonable interest rate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You'll love it when you get it. There aren't really production issues with quality concerns... it's just that the robot people like to sit around with their thumbs in their rears and not fix the problems. It's fustrating... I hope DCX starts getting after ABB to get in gear.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok just got a call from my dealer telling me i have a ship date of 8/28/06 and an estimated arrival time of 9/10/06. I SOOOO hope this is true. It does seem to be moving along alot faster than anticipated. About the primised 6-8 weeks

·
Registered
911 Posts
Don't get your hopes up....

A lot of people here were told similar things 2 or 3 months ago and they're still waiting for their Caliber to be built.

·
Registered
140 Posts
WOW!! is it taking that long to get cali's produced? that seems rediculous, i know a couple of you mentioned sxt and r/t, so what about the base model? it just seems ridiculous that dodges top selling car has a slow production, especailly with the prices as low as they are, you would think with all the ad campaigns and what not that dodge would have been ahead on production with many different options and packages, just my opinion though

·
Registered
911 Posts
boyblu said:
WOW!! is it taking that long to get cali's produced? that seems rediculous, i know a couple of you mentioned sxt and r/t, so what about the base model? it just seems ridiculous that dodges top selling car has a slow production, especailly with the prices as low as they are, you would think with all the ad campaigns and what not that dodge would have been ahead on production with many different options and packages, just my opinion though
Yes, it takes about that long. I ordered my Caliber on May 1st and it was just built about a week and half ago. Yes, it is rediculious and it doesn't matter what model you order or where you order it (including international orders). They're all made in the same assembly plant in Illnois. So they're all prone to the same assembly slow downs.

·
Registered
614 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Yes, it takes about that long. I ordered my Caliber on May 1st and it was just built about a week and half ago. Yes, it is rediculious and it doesn't matter what model you order or where you order it (including international orders). They're all made in the same assembly plant in Illnois. So they're all prone to the same assembly slow downs.
I think the waits would be fairly long even without the announced production issues. If waits are relative to the percentage of daily vehicles not produced, this IIRC has worked out to around ten percent of max. So take the waits less ten percent and that would be the best case scenario. The car sold too fast, too soon, hence the lack of product. Think of all the people scrambling for exclusive Xmas toys. Too much at once and lots of bitc..ing for those not getting it now. Later, the waits will become normal. Lousy for those waiting but your cars will come. You will be happy when they do. Yes, I did wait for a factory order for almost four months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts