Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey.
Ive had my 2010 dodge caliber (2.4L) for going on 2 years.
I LOVE my car, "gilbert" :LOL: but I'm close to putting a dang brick on the gas pedal and seeing how big of a boom it will make when it hits bottom!
I know very little about cars.... combine that with the lack of money trees blooming and an ex so dang stupid, (he put the spark plugs in crooked in his truck and couldn't figure out why his truck wouldn't run. Sadly that was not the dumbest thing he did).
So here is Gilbert's issues....
After I drive my car for a good 15-20 mins at highway speeds of 60ish, it begins by surging forward a handful of times. I do not lose speed or anything when it surges or lunges forward. After a few minutes it will then start making this humming/whining noise and my rpms will go up a little. Few mins later the temp light kicks on. The noise slowly gets louder. If I am not able to pull over or stop, 5-15 mins later the engine light will come on. ....The next part does not happen every time in this sequence.... At times, if I'm still driving it and it is hot outside, my car will drop down to about 40-45 and it won't let me speed up.
Ive had the codes read and from that I changed out both o2 sensors. That did not fix the issue. They were nasty, so they needed replaced anyhow I guess. But after they were replaced, my car drove better for a good 15ish mins on the highway. Then it started doing all of that again.
I am giving it a tune up in a couple days. Spark plugs, filters, fluids and anything else it may need. HOPEFULLY that fixes the issue. After searching the internet, I assume it could be the catalytic converter. I hope not cause it's expensive!
Anyone have these issues or can shed light on any of this?
Please remember that I don't "speak car". BUT, I'm not stupid either. Tred lightly boys :LOL::D:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a Dodge dealership mechanic replace the transmission fluid, and both transmission filters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts