Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I did a few things to my Cali, and I bought a new professional digital SLR camera, so I had to put it to good use :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looks good! Also looks like that new camera picked up on a burn hole in the passengers seat!?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like the Grille. Nice touch with the Dodge Emblem in the middle, makes me like the full billet grille a lot more now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitz said:
Looks good! Also looks like that new camera picked up on a burn hole in the passengers seat!?
RACKIN' FRACKIN' MOTHERFLETCHIN' AARRGHH!!! I wish people wouldn't mention it, it rehashes bad memories.

Everytime people point that out, I hang my head in shame and aggrevation.

I did that when I dropped the soldering iron while installing the neons. I cried, and punched a hole in the garage wall.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
RACKIN' FRACKIN' MOTHERFLETCHIN' AARRGHH!!! I wish people wouldn't mention it, it rehashes bad memories.

I did that when I dropped the soldering iron while installing the neons. I cried, and punched a hole in the garage wall.
I know the feeling. I've done that on every car I've ever owned, but it was always from a cigarette. Upholstery shops can usually fix it or you can shop around for some seat covers now. Always think positive! And besides, the rest of the car looks great!

·
Registered
371 Posts
By the way, what's your decal on the back window?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Holeintheseatholeintheseatholeintheseat!!!!:)

Don't feel bad, I did almost the same thing to the drivers seat. Except it was a ball of solder, not the iron itself that dropped on the seat. I was amazed at how little heat it took, and how FAST the seat material melted.
Now I'm thinking of getting new covers for the front seats.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It's a Dodge! (anybody seen the Juggarnaut videos on youtube?)

I'll have to look at getting it fixed, a new seat cover is $200 from dodge. :/

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Great pics!
What DSLR did you get, and how do you like it for quality of pics-ease of use, and feature set? PM me if ya prefer :)

I don't want to mention the hole in the seat (oops, just did, sorry!) but you may be able to locate seatskins at a wrecking yard now that the Caliber has been out for awhile... might be worth the effort to do a search.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your summary refers to pinstripes but do not see them on the pics.

Can you post a pic that shows them?

Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
See the side ones now. Are there any front or back?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Picture in Post #8, Mr. Magoo. [just kidding, I have to squint to see also]

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:

Check Ebay, they have factory seat covers on there all the time for real cheap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It looks like your new digital SLR was a good investment. Those photos look nice and crisp showing plenty of detail, such as the........ :( Don't worry about it though because that happens to all of us whether it's a chip in the paint, a crack in the windshield from a rock from the road, or a small dent in the door. At least you've gotten past your initial Caliber mishap. In the future I'm sure things like a burn hole will be easier to handle.

Nice looking Caliber by the way.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
Did you wire those into the headlights or the interior/door lights? I want to put lights under the dash like that, but I only want them to come on when the interior lights are turned on/doors opened. I don't want them on when I'm driving at night.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HEMEEE said:
Great pics!
What DSLR did you get, and how do you like it for quality of pics-ease of use, and feature set? PM me if ya prefer :)
I got the new Sony DSLR-A100 with an 18-200mm lens. I love the camera. It's taking a little getting used to coming from the point and shoot level, but I'm happy with the results, it takes a crisp picture. These little images do no justice of the full 10.2 MP :D

Oldguy said:
Your summary refers to pinstripes but do not see them on the pics.
Can you post a pic that shows them?
Thanks
Oldguy, check out the very last pic I posted. It has the picture of the dodge sticker in the window and the pintriping.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thats a good camera, built in body IS (image stabilizer). Saves money from buying lenses with IS built in the len itself.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Michael K. said:
Did you wire those into the headlights or the interior/door lights? I want to put lights under the dash like that, but I only want them to come on when the interior lights are turned on/doors opened. I don't want them on when I'm driving at night.
I have them drawing power from the cig lighter circuit. That way they shut off when I pull the key and open the door, I also installed an illuminated switch so I can turn them on any time. The are LED's so they don't draw much power. It would be easy enough to have them turn on when the interior lights are on, the hardest part would be locating the wiring to the lights. Good luck!

I'll get some more pics in a few for the rest of the additions. Glad to see people like it,, and thanks for the praise!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Look again at the photo posted 2 above your message. I believe those 2 black lines running down the side of the car would qualify as pinstripes....:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts